The Center for the Rights of Abused Children seeks a professional policy director for a full-time, hybrid, in-person, or remote position. The policy director will create and develop research and reforms, at both the state and federal levels, to protect children in foster care.
Really, though, that dry description just scratches the surface of what we’re looking for in the person to fill this position. We are looking for someone who...
· Is passionate about the rights of abused children;
· Is willing to strive for, above all, policies that ensure safety and protection for children;
· Possesses a good measure of maturity and innate decency, as well as the requisite experience with child policies;
· Has no idea what the word “impossible” means;
· Is willing to try as hard as we do to improve life for abused children; and
· Has extensive knowledge of and experience with the laws and policies impacting children and their safety.
Does that sound like you? Then keep going...
The director will provide strategic direction and guidance to policymakers throughout the year and across the U.S. The best candidates will be experienced in shaping public policy in this or a related field and have excellent knowledge of the laws and policies impacting children.
Candidates must also have these essential qualities:
· A proven track record in public policy
· Strong analytical skills
· The ability to write quickly, creatively, and persuasively under deadlines
“Every child deserves a safe and loving home” – that’s the foundation we stand on. If you can stand with us and will strive as hard as we do to ensure the safety and protection of children, then we’d love to hear from you.