At Pear Suite, we are developing tools to turn anyone into a care navigator and to help organizations understand the person, not just the patient.
Pear Suite's SaaS platform helps organizations improve patient well-being and reduce healthcare costs. Unlike other assessment tools, our platform assesses and addresses an individual's social drivers of health using smart scripts, logic modeling, and actionable dashboards.
We are an early-stage startup looking for self-starting candidates who are passionate about making a difference in the world through the use of technology. This role is for one of our earliest hires. You will play a key role in shaping the future of our company.
Compensation will be competitive and determined by experience and interview performance.
Care Navigators will work with community members to assess health and social service needs and promote well-being. Care Navigators will utilize a comprehensive assessment and a range of peer coaching strategies-in person or by phone, web, or other digital communication channels-including health education activities, friendly check-ins, and resource linking. Other duties may include community outreach, group presentations, partnership development, and evaluation.
- Participate in new team member orientation, as well as ongoing trainings
- Clearly and efficiently follow provided processes and policies
- Be prompt and thorough with scheduled engagements, follow-through, and documentation
- Use your discretion and keep conversation topics appropriate
- Converse in a friendly and engaged manner and showing empathy and discretion
- Relay questions and concerns to staff and promptly respond to team-wide communications
- Interest in serving community members of diverse backgrounds, ages, and abilities
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable communicating in-person or by video conference and phone
- Strong computer skills; ability to learn and operate web-based systems effectively
- Confidentiality when dealing with confidential matters or sensitive subjects
- Flexible schedule
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Access to a working computer
- No former job experience required; customer service and healthcare experience a plus
- English language skills required; other languages a plus
- Valuable training and experience in empathy, communication, social services, and intergenerational connections, which are applicable to a variety of industries and careers
- Professional development opportunities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - We celebrate diversity and believe it is the key to creating vibrant, healthy communities! We encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.