Tyrula is an IT consultancy focused on providing innovative solutions to improve the quality of healthcare. Tyrula offers a potent combination of software products, IT, and management services to its customers in the healthcare and public sector. Tyrula's technology offerings encompass all aspects of data, from its acquisition, transformation, storage, interoperability, compliance, visualization, and disposal. We love working on a diverse range of projects (within the 3.4 trillion-dollar US healthcare industry) and supporting multiple efforts simultaneously. Currently, our focus is on continuing to expand our Revenue Cycle Management practice by helping our clients with patient financial counseling.
About the Role
We are seeking thirteen Financial Patient Counselors to join our team at Brooke Army Medical Center located in San Antonio TX for first, second, and third shifts. The Patient Financial Counselor is responsible for providing financial counseling to patients and their families. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of patient financial counseling practices, insurance billing and collection laws and regulations, and Medicare and Medicaid eligibility and enrollment procedures for Texas and surrounding States. Employees will work for 40 hours a week. Work shifts will include night and weekend hours. This role acts as an advocate and meets with patients and their families daily. They are responsible for tracking every application they receive and obtaining high rates of successful outcomes. If you appreciate helping people and possess great communication and computer skills, take the next step towards a rewarding career with Tyrula!
- Work effectively with hospital employees and patients.
- Interviewing patients in a hospital setting and/or home visits to assist the clients in obtaining maximum benefit coverage.
- Provide financial counseling to patients and their families, including explaining insurance benefits, financial assistance programs, and payment options.
- Completion of applications for state and federal programs (including Health Exchange/Marketplace programs), reviewing medical records and taking all necessary action to expedite benefit approval.
- Achieve and maintain certification designation as “Certified Application Counselor”.
- Adherence to company and legal standards regarding Protected Health Information (PHI), Personal Identifiable Information (PII) and Personnel Transaction Identifier (PTI).
- Maintain ongoing communication with government agencies regarding the status of claims.
- Provide updates and assistance to hospital personnel and other Tyrula staff as needed.
- Maintain documentation of status of claims and client contract on Tyrula’s and/or hospital computer systems.
- Stay up-to-date on changes in patient financial counseling practices, civilian insurance billing and collection laws and regulations, and Medicare and Medicaid eligibility and enrollment procedures for Texas and surrounding States.
- Making a determination to take a Federal, State or Local program application based upon medical definition of disability as it relates to body systems and to functions of daily living, and information contained in medical records.
- Experience with collecting data to identify Propensity to Pay.
- 1-3 years of experience in the healthcare field with at least one year experience in medical billing and collections preferred.
- Fully trained in patient financial counseling practices, civilian insurance billing and collection laws and regulations, and Medicare and Medicaid eligibility and enrollment procedures for Texas and surrounding States.
- Knowledge of federal and state programs that will benefit coverage for the client.
- Demonstrated experience working with people of various educational and socioeconomics background preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Proficient with computer skills and tablet devices including Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Professional & polished demeanor
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Associate in healthcare administration, business, or finance from an accredited university
- Or a formal medical services training program of the United States Military
$43,000 - $53,000
- Paid Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Life Insurance
- Matching 401K Retirement
- Passing background investigation and required training.
- One year retention
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- $50/month Internet/Phone Reimbursement
- On site work - No Travel
Veterans and spouses of active or retired military will be given preference.
Only Legal Authorization to Work in the United States should apply
Tyrula LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.