This position is open to remote employees anywhere in the United States. The working hours are based on the Eastern Time Zone.
Tyrula is currently seeking a customer-focused and passionate problem solver to join our team as an Application Support Engineer! We are scaling quickly and are looking for engineers to grow with us and pioneer the next generation of our product solutions in the healthcare industry while supporting the Tyrula Team and current and future clients.
- Diversity - Tyrula LLC is a woman- and minority-owned 8(a) small business headquartered in McLean, Virginia, US. From the top down, we are committed to inclusivity and are constantly looking for ways to further support our employees.
- Remote work - While we do have an office, most employees work remotely around the country.
- Perks - We have a great benefits package including paid healthcare, dental, and vision Insurance (among other things listed below), and provide all the equipment you will need to be successful in your role.
- Culture - We foster a friendly and empathetic culture where everyone's voice is heard.
About the Role
In this role, you will be the customer's first point of contact for issues and change requests. You will work with a variety of technologies: Tyrula software products, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software, Windows and Linux operating systems, SQL databases, and cloud services. You will work with other engineers to troubleshoot and escalate issues and with the Product Development Team to plan and manage customer upgrades.
To be considered, you must be organized, have strong communication skills, and enjoy learning new applications and technologies. Although you don't need deep technical skills in any one area, you must be comfortable configuring and troubleshooting many different types of server applications and services. This is not a traditional desktop support position.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to cultivate the skills and experience necessary to eventually become a software engineer, DevOps engineer, or sales engineer. This position will allow you to use your technical abilities to the maximum potential.
We're a small team, so you'll see the impact of your work and have the opportunity to learn many diverse skills!
This position is open to remote employees within the United States. The working hours are based on the Eastern Time Zone.
All applications are read by a real live person!
Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance by email and over the phone.
- Respond to automated notifications of system issues and work independently to resolve issues or escalate them within standard response times.
- Follow standard procedures to diagnose, correct, or escalate issues. Collaborate with other team members for issues not addressed by standard procedures. Escalate complex issues to ASE Level 2 or Product Development when necessary.
- Maintain the knowledge base of customer applications and approved solutions to known issues.
- Document your work for the benefit of the team.
- Perform regularly scheduled maintenance activities for customers' systems.
- Create monthly customer support reports.
- Effectively communicate the status, issues, and opportunities related to the customer to management.
- Assist with other IT activities where your expertise and skills can contribute.
- 4-year degree in a science or technology-related field such as Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics, etc., or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in producing correspondence.
- Understanding of the basic architecture of client/server systems (client, server, network, database, storage, etc.)
- Experience managing and documenting all work using a ticket tracking system, such as Jira.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen, legally living and working in the United States.
Additional Desired Skills
- Experience in a customer-facing, technical support position.
- Experience with scripting or programming.
- Experience with Windows / Linux system administration.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 administration.
- Experience in Healthcare, especially in billing and revenue cycle management (RCM.)
- Experience with Atlassian products (JIRA and Confluence)
$60,000 to $75,000 annually
- Paid Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Life Insurance
- Matching 401K Retirement
- Performance Bonus
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick
- $1500 per year for personalized training
- $50 per month Internet/Phone Reimbursement
- Remote Work
Tyrula is a diverse Information Technology (IT) consultancy focused on providing innovative solutions to improve the quality of healthcare. Our software processes thousands of business transactions daily for a variety of customers in the Healthcare IT industry.
We offer a potent combination of software products, IT, and management services to our customers in the healthcare and public sector industries. Our technology offerings encompass all aspects of data, from its acquisition, transformation, storage, interoperability, compliance, visualization, and disposal. We love working on a diverse range of projects (within the $3.4 trillion US healthcare industry) and supporting multiple efforts simultaneously.
We are a well-established company experiencing rapid growth with our products in both the federal and commercial space.
Tyrula is not able to provide sponsorships or visas to applicants at this time.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. Do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
All offers of employment at Tyrula LLC are contingent upon one’s eligibility to obtain and maintain a federal public trust.
Tyrula LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.