About the Job
Due to continuing rapid growth, we are adding a Director, Customer Engagement to our Market Development Team in North America. This position will promote all of Nexant’s offerings in US Southeast region, initiating and managing the full sales cycle and selling a suite of utility-focused solutions to prospective customers in collaboration with various service offering teams. This position will be based in the Southeast region, preferably in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee or Florida, and will report to the Senior Vice President & Market Leader-East. This is a non-commission based role but with other compensation incentives.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Sell Nexant offerings in the Southeast and mid-Atlantic regions to utility customers
• Provide need-based support to a few named accounts in Northeast as directed by the SVP, East
• Establish new accounts and expand relationship/revenue footprint within existing accounts
• Manage sales through forecasting
• Account resource allocation
• Account strategy and planning
• Develop solution proposals encompassing all aspects of the application
• Participate in the development, presentation and sales of a value proposition
• Negotiate pricing and contractual agreement to close the sale
• Contribute individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others
• Selling involves the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of enterprise software sales
• Travel approximately 50% of the time
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• 5-10 years of sales experience in solution selling to the utility industry
• Utility market knowledge and/or knowledge of Nexant competitors
• Successful in closing large enterprise deals
• Successful and proven sales track record
• Ability to penetrate accounts and meet with stakeholders within the accounts
• Comfortable interacting with C level executives
• Team player with strong written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
• Excellent negotiating/closing skills with prospects/customers
• Ability to travel nationwide approximately 50% of the time.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco,Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 32 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
•Nexant Energy Softwarehas developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
•Nexant Utility Servicesworks with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
•Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisoryprovides strategic planning, project development, competitoranalysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal.
•Nexant Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure,financing, and access to affordable electricity.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.