Do you enjoy working with a team, being innovative, doing the right thing and having fun? Are you personable, ambitious, sharp as a tack and have a passion for a sustainable energy future? Then Nexant is the place for you. Nexant is seeking a proactive and self-motivated Project Coordinator in our Hinsdale office who will be responsible for managing and coordinating with trade ally partners and equipment distributors participating in utility sponsored energy efficiency programs.
Do you ever wonder how small businesses can get utility incentives to save energy? Join a team dedicated to running a Chicago-land small business energy efficiency program. Specifically help contractors participate in the program and drive the program to reach more small businesses than ever. The Project Coordinator is an instrumental part of the delivery and success of the program. The candidate will be responsible for working with contractors participating in the program, ensuring the timely execution of deliverables to the customers, contractors, and the client.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate previous relevant experience and success at managing multiple projects/programs, budgets, deliverables, and client relations.
At Nexant, we strive to make a positive impact on the world through energy efficiency and we are committed to a culture of teamwork to do so. Every person is treated with respect and is recognized for their efforts. We are devoted to bringing out the best in each other, contributing to the collective mission, and holding each other accountable. If you want to make a difference, value integrity and providing quality and service beyond expectations, we want to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities
Working with contractors (trade allies):
• Coordinate and support energy efficiency projects for utility programs.
• Work with team to identify, recruit, train, and partner with trade allies in alignment with the goals of programs managed by Nexant's Utility Services Group in Hinsdale, IL.
• Be a key resource for trade allies who leverage the rebate programs to promote and sell energy efficiency to commercial customers.
• Work with trade allies to maintain an active project pipeline to assure goals and objectives are consistently met.
Working with Nexant team:
• Utilize improved technologies and strategies to eliminate energy waste and spur investment in improved energized infrastructure
• Engage and facilitate Nexant technical staff, as needed (e.g. perform technical analysis, due-diligence reviews, technical assistance, etc.), to ensure robust and timely technical services for utility and end-use clients
• Deliver effective presentations and respond to questions and inquiries from industry professionals in an accurate and timely manner.
• Consistently meet or exceed program expectations related to contractor goals, marketing, communication, client satisfaction and other key performance indicators.
Working with utility clients and stakeholders:
• Communicate and coordinate project activities with utility representatives, end-users and other stakeholders, as needed.
• Promptly and accurately address client concerns to assure problem resolution and promote long-term productive relationships. Understand the organization and decision-making process in order to work with stakeholders in determining project eligibility, schedule and potential energy savings.
• Other duties, as required.
• A Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business Management, Construction Management or a related field
• Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Proficient in MS office suite
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.