About the Job:
Nexant is seeking an Energy Manager to drive energy savings within a commercial and industrial Demand Side Management (DSM) program. This individual will be responsible for providing customers the support and tools necessary to identify and implement energy-efficiency projects. We are searching for the right mix of leadership, technical ability, program expertise, and interpersonal skills to educate and inspire energy-saving actions. A successful candidate will embody integrity, humility, credibility, comradery, professionalism, authenticity, and competence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver excellent customer service to customers (customers, utility clients, and key account managers).
- Provide immediate technical and program feedback, listen to customer needs, set expectations appropriately, and deliver what you promise.
- Be a champion for energy efficiency (projects and the approach): identify barriers and propose solutions.
- Achieve program energy savings goals. Identify and screen new projects to ensure viability, obtain appropriate information to allow engineers to work efficiently.
- Manage energy efficiency projects. Own the project, be responsible for ensuring projects don’t stagnate, and all parties are aware of progress.
- Provide technical review and M&V of energy efficiency projects.
- Solicit feedback, advocate change, and implement solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Academic degree in engineering, or similar technical discipline.
- 5+ years of work experience in applicable setting (energy efficiency, industrial environment, etc.).
- Ability to distill complex ideas into concise conversation/emails and convey effectively.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Must be able to travel locally (domestically
within central and southern Indiana) up to approximately 50% of the time.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 32 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
- Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
- Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement.
- Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal.
- Nexant Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.