Chief of Party, South Asia
Senior-Level, Full-time Resident Staff Position
About the Job
Nexant, Inc. (the Government Services Group) is seeking qualified applicants to serve as Chief of Party (“COP”) for an upcoming USAID-funded project in South Asia (“Project”). The objective of the Project is to address energy security challenges with the goal of improving the delivery of affordable, secure, reliable and sustainable energy services through expanded, transparent and efficient energy markets in South Asia. The Chief of Party will be based in Delhi, India and the assignment is expected to start in early 2020.
Duties and Responsibilities
The COP will support the Project in all activities for the entire period of performance to ensure achievement of the Project’s results, quality standards and schedules required under the Project. The COP will define and manage overall Project requirements, such as staffing, cost and quality control of all tasks and assignments undertaken to achieve this Project’s objectives. The COP must have the ability to speak for the contractor on all matters and ensure that the contractor can make decisions in a timely and efficient manner. The COP’s primary responsibilities will include, among others, as required during the performance of the Project:
• Serve as the main point of contact between USAID and the contractor.
• Ensure effective coordination among the Project implementing team members.
• Ensure effective and efficient performance for all aspects of the Project and oversee all quality control and reporting; and interacting professionally with USAID Mission(s), Embassy staff, and government officials, other donors, and regional organizations.
• Provide programmatic leadership and overseeing the strategic planning of activities in support of the Project goals and objectives, including the determination of project priorities and appropriate technical initiatives.
• Ensure results-oriented technical components and high-quality and timely deliverables and reports, focusing on synergistic coordination of all technical areas.
• Advise regional counterparts on technical issues and participate in relevant advisory and/or working groups with counterparts, partner institutions, and all other local stakeholders.
• As required, represent the Project in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations.
• Demonstrated experience in and understanding of the power sector, institutional actors, market trends, and enabling environment constraints and reforms applicable to South Asia.
• At least fifteen years of professional experience with a successful record in providing field-based management oversight of large scale, complex, multi-country programs with large budgets (preferably previous positions as USAID COP or similar).
• Advanced degree in energy, renewable energy, engineering, economics, finance or related subjects.
• Additional qualifications in one or more of the following areas: regional energy market Integration, deployment of advanced energy systems, utility modernization; and transparent, best value procurement and private sector investment, preferably in the South Asia region and including India.
• Demonstrated strong written, presentation, and communications skills in English and ability to synthesize and present information effectively and tailored to different audiences (knowledge of South Asian languages is a plus).
• Demonstrated skills in identifying and facilitating partnership opportunities across public and private stakeholders and in mobilizing support for partnerships.
• High degree of diplomacy and sensitivity in dealing with internal and external clients, staff and managers at all levels.
• Discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 32 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
• Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
• Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
• Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal.
• Nexant Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.