About the Job
Are you a Technical Support professional who is challenged by analyzing customer issues and finding the answers? Are you interested in helping to improve products and enhance the customer experience? Are you energized by being the voice of the Customer? Do you think big? Are you passionate about providing world class technical support?
We need a Technical Support professional to help us continue to build our support team and move towards the next level of customer satisfaction. The successful candidate will have extensive experience providing technical support in a fast-paced development environment. This candidate will also have developed excellent communication skills that will enable working with our technical professionals and Subject Matter Experts at our client sites.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Resolves Customer technical issues through diligent research, analysis of logs and other diagnostic data, and consultation with developers
• Consults with Customers on complex use of Nexant products
• Works directly with other technical support staff, quality assurance, engineering, sales, marketing, and operations to resolve problems
• Provide prompt and complete resolution to technical challenges and business issues
• Respond to customer requests that have been escalated from any department of the Company; Tier 1 Support, Project Management, Product Management and Sales
• Perform root-cause analysis by verifying technical facts and developing logical conclusions
• Manage customers' expectations and experience in a way that results in high customer satisfaction
• Write documentation including contributions to the Knowledge Base, User Guides, Release Notes and How to Guides
• Develop and maintain technical expertise in assigned areas of product functionality and utilize that expertise effectively to help customers
• Assist with the design and delivery of product and other technical training
• Review support cases for technical and troubleshooting accuracy
• Provide timely account status reporting both to customers and management
• Drives improvements in product and documentation quality
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
• 3-5 years of experience in technical support, account management, technical analysis and support in a software development environment
• Knowledge and experience of SaaS application support
• Experience with Java applications servers(Jetty), Mysql, Sql, Apache, Linux and Jasper Reports
• Experience with CRM software (preferably ServiceNow), bug tracking software, troubleshooting tools
• Knowledge and experience with energy efficiency and/or Demand Response strongly preferred
• Analysis, troubleshooting, and problem solving expertise
• Ability to effectively prioritize and escalate customer issues
• Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 26 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
• Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
• Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
• Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal.
• Nexant Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.