If you are friendly, share our passion for excellent service and enjoy meeting new people, Nexant’s Trade Ally team is the place for you. One part relationship-builder and one part problem-solver, as a Trade Ally Ambassador, you will be a key contact, working with contractors, distributors, manufacturers, vendors, architects, engineering firms, service providers, etc., individually and in group settings, to build relationships and maximize participation in energy efficiency programs in the State of California. We are currently seeking two Trade Ally Ambassador positions: one to provide coverage for programs in Southern California (Los Angeles Area), and one to provide coverage for programs in Northern California (Bay Area).
At Nexant, we strive to make a positive impact on the world through energy efficiency and we are committed to a culture of teamwork to do so. Every person is treated with respect and is recognized for their efforts. We are devoted to bringing out the best in each other, contributing to the collective mission, and holding each other accountable. If you want to make a difference, value integrity and providing quality and service beyond expectations, we want to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reach, educate and assist contractors / trade allies so they may effectively participate in and promote energy efficiency programs
- Build and manage trade ally relationships
- Develop and execute outreach to recruit new trade allies and retain current trade allies
- Deliver sales and program training presentations to provide trade allies with an understanding of the value of incentive programs
- Help trade allies identify qualifying projects and associated incentives
- Support trade ally / customer application completion, submission, and follow up
- Answer program inquiries
- Train and support trade allies to use new software programs
- Complete on-site project verifications
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time; mostly day trips with in the respective region, Northern or Southern Californi
- Represent the utility at industry trade shows and customer home shows
- Other duties as directed
- Associate’s degree or 5 years of industry experience in related field: professional sales, account management, marketing, customer service or field services
- A strong aptitude / understanding of sales and sales structures within the HVAC, Lighting or residential / commercial building industries
- Reliable, Self-motivated, quick learner with positive attitude
- Customer-focused problem solver
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to learn and operate company proprietary computer software is required
- Motivated to learn new mobile applications and teach others how to utilize them
- Use personal vehicle to visit customer sites, including carrying tools and equipment
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through in a fast pace environment
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 32 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
· Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
· Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
· Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal.
· Nexant Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.