Do you enjoy working with a team, being innovative, doing the right thing and having fun? Are you personable, ambitious, sharp as a tack and have a passion for a sustainable energy future? Then Nexant is the place for you.
As a Program Manager, you will be key to our team’s success in the State of California. You will be responsible for overseeing a Small/Medium Business demand-side management (DSM) program, and serving as the primary point of contact with key utility client(s). You will manage client engagement and project delivery across a team of 3-5 direct reports and sub-contractors The position may be based in either the Los Angeles or Bay Area in California and will report to the Principal who has oversight of California.
At Nexant, we strive to make a positive impact on the world through energy efficiency and we are committed to a culture of teamwork to do so. Every person is treated with respect and is recognized for their efforts. We are devoted to bringing out the best in each other, contributing to the collective mission, and holding each other accountable. If you want to make a difference, value integrity and providing quality and service beyond expectations, we want to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Launch and oversee a Small / Medium Business DSM program in the State of California
- Responsible for quality of services and products, contract compliance, and performance measures while maintaining project deliverable schedules for multiple projects
- Quantify needs and secure project-specific staffing needs and related resource requirements from cross-functional resources, subcontractors, or by hiring as appropriate
· Maintain quality control of all deliverable products demonstrating technical excellence, objectivity, and clarity while maintaining project schedules
- Manage and strengthen client relations and engage in the co-management of projects, present results, and develop new scopes of work based on the strategic goals and needs of the client
- Provide accurate
monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts to support corporate/division reporting
and strategic planning
- Support efforts to achieve overall company and business unit performance goals as set by the company and specified in the Annual Development Plan and the Employee Performance Evaluation(s)
- Up to 10% travel maybe required, with the majority of travel being within the State of California to support client meetings. An occasional overnight trip maybe required
- Other duties as directed
- Bachelor’s or
- 5+ years of experience managing/implementing energy efficiency or demand response programs on behalf of North American Utilities
- 2+ years working with utilities in California, with knowledge of energy efficiency programs, key regulatory rulings, and IOU priorities
- Must be able to travel locally (typically to major metropolitan areas in CA and occasionally Salt Lake City, UT) up to approximately 10% of the time
- Project management experience either directly related to utility customer programs or in a related field (e.g. building construction) is required; Direct experience in the design of customer programs for utilities is desired
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, analytical skills, with proven ability to manage client engagement and project delivery across a team of 3-5 direct reports and sub-contractors
- Certifications such as professional engineer’s license, CEM, General contractors license, or other energy efficiency/building science certification strongly preferred
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 32 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
· Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
· Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market, and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal.
· Nexant Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.