Due to rapid growth, we are seeking an energy engineer to provide technical services to various Southern Californa utility programs. You are wicked smart and enjoys providing customers the support and tools necessary to identify, quantify and deliver cost-effective energy-efficiency projects. You have the right mix of leadership, outreach, technical ability, and interpersonal skills to educate and inspire energy-saving actions. You embody integrity, humility, credibility, professionalism, authenticity, and competence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver excellent customer service to customers (commercial and industrial customers, utility clients, and
· Perform various levels
of energy audits at customer facilities to identify, measure, and verify energy
· Provide timely technical and program feedback, listen to customer needs, set expectations appropriately, and deliver what you promise.
· Be a champion for energy efficiency (projects and the approach): identify barriers and propose solutions.
· Support Nexant’s utility programs under the direction of the Office Head or Program Administrator to achieve program energy savings goals.
· Produce high quality deliverables (reports and spreadsheets) with limited QC review.
· Forge and maintain excellent relationship with client.
· Solicit feedback, advocate change, and implement solutions.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical engineering, or similar
· P.E. in mechanical engineering, CEM, CEA, CBCP, or CMVP are desirable
· A strong understanding of mechanical and electrical systems and principals including: HVAC and refrigeration, thermal and fluid systems, motors, lighting and/or other commercial and industrial systems
· 4+ years of experience within the energy efficiency or building efficiency industry
· Analytical skills and demonstrated experience quantifying energy savings for commercial facility and/or industrial process energy efficiency improvements
· Experience in the following areas is a plus:
o Direct to customer outreach and project development
o Design and specification of HVAC, electrical, building automation/controls
o Commissioning and/or retro-commissioning test procedures, schematic diagrams, and system specifications
o Building and energy modeling/simulation tools (e.g. DOE-2, eQuest, EnergyPlus, Trane Trace, ECAM)
o Experience working on utility incentive program impact or process evaluations
o Familiarity with electrical measurement equipment to develop and execute M&V plans
· Ability to work remotely and independently managing multiple projects while meeting deliverable deadlines and budgets
· Excellent writing, interpersonal, presentation, and analytical skills
· Comfortable managing projects and workflows with variable levels of ambiguity
· Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel
· Willingness to work from home/remote office
· Must be able to travel locally (nationally or internationally) up to approximately 20% of the time.