About the Job
We are seeking to add a Technical Writer to our growing software team in Salt Lake City. This person will be part of the iEnergy software team and will focus on technical documentation, release notes, user guides, etc. The writer will also work on client-specific technical documentation as part of consulting engagements.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Research, design, plan, write, and edit installation, configuration, administration, and end-user documentation for hard copy and online publication
• Conduct interviews with technical staff to gather the technical data to be documented
• Install, configure, operate, and administer product software as part of the documentation research process
• Translate technical information into documentation for an audience of both technical and non-technical users
• Incorporate updates/corrections/additions to existing documentation
• Copy, edit and rewrite existing documentation, as needed
• Produce other in-house procedural documentation (e.g., engineering and documentation procedures, standards, and specifications)
• Ensure that documents adhere to the company documentation and quality assurance standards
• Recommend documentation formats responsive to technical and customer requirements
• Provide recommendations for improving and refining documentation standards and procedure
• Other duties as assigned.
• 3-5 years of experience writing software documentation for both a technical and non-technical audience
• Experience writing documentation for web based enterprise class systems
• Stellar written communication skills
• Ability to understand and communicate technical concepts and procedures
• Ability to install, configure, administer, and operate the N-tier software products to be documented.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 26 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
• Nexant iEnergy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
• Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
• Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal .
• Nexant Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.