- Provide technical systems solutions for Demand Side Management, Transportation Electrification, and clean energy technologies for utilities, transmission and distribution system operators
- Understand customer business drivers, key use cases, and high level business objectives
- Develop hands-on knowledge of the Nexant SaaS platform
- Support Nexant's business objectives and enhance efficiencies of internal and external systems and workflows
- Write gap analysis reports as well as use-cases
- Write Technical Requirements and Specification Documents
- Provide post sales consulting around product installation, setup and configuration
- Work with BPMN tools to capture and improve Business Process flows
- Perform system support for suite of Energy Efficiency management products
- Review full life cycle development of enterprise software systems and ensure projects adhere to the life cycle
- Support implementation of business logic, user interfaces, and databases
- Other duties as assigned
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- 3-5 years of working experience in systems development and using energy efficiency management systems
- Ability to analyze, prepare and implement energy data for clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Coursework or experience background with JAVA, JUnit, GOF and J2EE design patterns, Oracle, UML, and frameworks including Struts and Spring
- Must be able to travel locally and within the US up to approximately 30% of the time.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 26 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
- Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
- Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
- Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal .
- Nexant Government Services works with US government partners, international development agencies, and international financial institutions to assist developing countries with their energy sector policies, institutions, infrastructure development, financing and efficient operations.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.