About the Job
***Please apply only if you're local to Central Washington***
Nexant is currently seeking a professional, highly-motivated and self-directed full-time team member with great customer, technical, and communication skills to support residential energy efficiency program delivery in Eastern Washington, primarily in the Walla Walla and Yakima areas. The position is remote, but we need someone that sits in Central Washington.
The successful candidate will have experience with vendor outreach, field services or field account management. This person will be conducting on-site energy assessments and inspections, and to facilitate participation in Utility sponsored residential energy efficiency programs. They will also participate and conduct in-person training so must be comfortable with public speaking.
This position will primarily support Nexant’s Utility Services Energy Efficiency Delivery business unit.
Successful candidates must demonstrate the ability to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Up to 50% travel is required with the majority of travel being during the business day and some overnight trips.
Successful candidates must be reliable and punctual, have excellent oral and written skills, demonstrate initiative and follow through, and ability to work with multiple staff on numerous tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Community, Customer, and Vendor Outreach
- Provide sales and incentive program training to customers, contractors and other vendor
- Interface with local community organizations to drive participation in Utility sponsored energy efficiency programs
- Project Coordination
- Communicate and coordinate efficiently with various program stakeholders and participants
- Meet overall project budgets and energy savings acquisition targets
- Meet with utility customer and vendors to co-manage projects, present results, and develop new scopes of work
- Independently identify energy-efficiency opportunities. Provide technical assistance and support energy efficient project implementation
- Conduct energy assessments and inspections
- Maintain quality control of deliverable products, demonstrating technical excellence, objectivity, and clarity while maintaining project schedules
- Write reports to summarize results and to recommend savings amounts and incentive payments
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience with engineering and/or energy efficiency.
- Strong customer relationship and sales skills.
- A strong understanding of residential non-lighting energy efficiency systems and equipment.
- Demonstrated experience in energy auditing and performing associated measures analysis.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while meeting schedules and budgets.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Experience in the following areas: Residential HVAC, water heating, smart thermostats, weatherization, new home construction.
- Must be able to travel locally (nationally or internationally) up to approximately 50% of the time.
- Driver’s License and access to personal vehicle
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant is a globally recognized
software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to
utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities
worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its
500+ employees work from 26 global offices providing deep technical expertise
and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational
efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
- Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
- Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
- Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal .
- Nexant Government Services works with US government partners, international development agencies, and international financial institutions to assist developing countries with their energy sector policies, institutions, infrastructure development, financing and efficient operations.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.