About the Job
Position is located in either Hinsdale, IL or Madison, WI., preference will be given to local candidates. Nexant is currently seeking an experienced developer to support, develop, and design custom software tools used to manage projects in the area of energy eﬃciency. Additionally, the candidate will collaborate with a team of other developers as well as project managers to deliver a wide range of software tools to change how utilities deliver energy efficiency programs to their customers. The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge and experience with PHP including modern frameworks such as Laravel or Symfony
- Knowledge and experience with modern front-end JS frameworks such as React or Vue
- Strong problem-solving skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development process of existing multiple custom applications designed to aid in energy efficiency programs, as well as in the development process of new applications by using best practices and innovative technology
- Collaboratively analyze complex business problems by communicating with process stakeholders. Document and communicate ﬁndings through written documents and models, and then implementation of the findings with existing or new technology
- Provide ongoing support and enhancements to existing software application by serving as a technical contact for internal questions and customer requests which can include:
- Diagnosing problems
- Researching solutions
- Implementation solutions through development with thorough testing and documentation
- Provide ongoing proactive monitoring to enhance the performance of applications
- Assist team members with coding, testing and implementation of features and problems. Be able to interact in a constructive manner with team members to provide the best possible solutions to business problems
- Maintain quality control of all deliverable products, demonstrating technical excellence, objectivity, and clarity while maintaining project schedules. Create and maintain internal technical documentation and manuals
- Additional duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related degree or equivalent education/experience
- 3+ years of work experience in all application development concepts including analysis, design, programming, and testing
- 2+ years of experience with RDMS
- Proven knowledge of most current security best practices
- Familiarity with tools and processes such as Git and Agile development
- Strong problem solving, analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 32 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
- Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
- Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
- Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal.
- Nexant Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.