About the job
Nexant is currently seeking a Senior Program Manager for our Utility Services Business Unit. This position will be located in Denver, CO, and will be responsible for planning and developing a variety of strategic programs, services and initiatives that align with the evolving utility landscape.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Forge and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external clients
- Lead the development of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy programs that align with advancements in cloud-based technology and the evolving utility grid infrastructure
- Manage a team of staff as required to develop and deliver new programs
- Support the evolution of Nexant’s utility programs under the direction of senior leadership within the Utility Services business unit
- Establish cross-functional relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to provide strategic direction for programs
- Develop, plan and provide oversight for future deployments of new programs with internal project management resources, engineers, energy managers and 3rd parties
- Candidate must establish themselves as a subject matter expert on software enhanced programs and building analytics, and must provide thought leadership and ongoing recommendations for program/process improvement and evolution
- Other duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical engineering, sustainable building practices, or similar
- Minimum 8 years of experience within the energy efficiency or building efficiency industry
- P.E. in Mechanical Engineering and CEM certification are desirable
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, training and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven team and client management ability
- Proven time management ability. Able to meet deadlines and anticipate difficulty in meeting deadlines
- Hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, and control systems
- Energy audit and Retrocommissioning experience
- Experience working with mechanical and electrical contractors
- High level technical skill with mechanical/electrical systems coupled with a strong knowledge of building controls systems/software based monitoring platforms, energy management, and commissioning processes with the ability to run deep analytics and develop insights
- Ability to communicate at tactical level with clients and 3rd parties to influence desired outcomes supported by facts/data
- Strong listening, oral, written, and presentation skills complimented by excellent problem solving and decision making capabilities are required. Computer proficiency is necessary.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, Google programs and other cloud-based computing platforms
- Local candidates preferred
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 32 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
- Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
- Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
- Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal.
- Nexant Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.