About the Job
Nexant is currently seeking a mid-level web developer / analyst with experience with web development to support applications used to manage projects in the area of energy eﬃciency. Additionally, the candidate will collaborate with a team to deliver and maintain high quality, eﬃcient, and robust applications. The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working in the utility space specifically with energy efficiency programs
- Strong experience with writing MySQL queries
- Experience with Jasper Reports and Tableau
- Experience with HTML
- Skilled with MS Excel and VBA macros
- Strong problem solving skills
This position will be in Nexant's Louisville, CO, oﬃce.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with utility or business process stakeholders to configure and launch software applications for utility energy efficiency programs. Document and communicate ﬁndings through written documents and models. Analysis tasks include understanding business logic for utility energy efficiency programs and implementing using software applications. Assist with budgetary estimates for development requests.
- Create and modify existing reports using Tableau and Jaspersoft Studio for utility and business stakeholders.
- Assist others on coding, testing, implementation, technology, and business process. Interact in a constructive manner with co-workers in order to create a synergy to develop business solutions. Anticipate risks, issues, and roadblocks and proactively communicate them to the team.
- Maintain quality control of all deliverable products, demonstrating technical excellence, objectivity, and clarity while maintaining project schedules. Create and maintain internal technical documentation and manuals.
- Additional duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering, Physics, Economics or related degree or equivalent education/experience
- Ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information to produce error free reports with great attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with Jaspersoft Studio or Jasper Reports and Tableau
- 3+ years of experience with MySQL, Access, or other relational databases
- Advanced understanding of MS Oﬃce, speciﬁcally communicating between Excel, Word and Access via VBA scripts
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to travel, with occasional overnight stays, up to 10% of the time
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 32 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
- Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
- Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
- Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal.
- Nexant Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.