About the Job:
Nexant is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Program Accountant (Business Processing Coordinator II) to direct and oversee a variety of payment processing and administrative activities for the Demand Management – Implementation Support group in our Salt Lake City, UT office. This position will oversee 3-5 member team to provide same day delivery of the application process for over 15 client accounts, and process and approve over $2M in incentive checks weekly. The candidate for this opportunity must have the proven ability to lead and manage others, perform research, and complete critical account analysis. Critical success factors for candidates will include a highly collaborative work style, the ability to anticipate problems, and proactively deal with difficult and complex situations. You must be able to demonstrate interpersonal skills and have a professional accounting background.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee and coordinate high-volume daily rebate check runs with high-level accuracy in a complex, high volume, changing environment.
• Collaborate and establish strong business relationships with the Business Operations team.
• Perform monthly bank reconciliations – report quarterly.
• Approve manual adjusting journal entries.
• Partner with IT to correct issues and improve software functionality.
• Provide client-requested reports with urgency.
• 1099 preparation and correction; Paperless W9 storage.
• Daily W9 management to ensure appropriate list of potential 1099s,review duplicates, ensure zero IRS fines
• Direct efforts to avoid escheatment of incentive funds.
• Identify development and coaching opportunities for team.
• Track and research outstanding and returned rebate checks, reissuing when necessary.
• Create mail-merges and print letters or other marketing materials to include with rebate checks.
• Oversee electronic file organization, storage, and retrieval pertaining to check run batches, client/vendors receivables, and procedural documents.
• Maintain accurate general ledger accounts: verifying Cash Receipts, Adjusting Journal Entries, and manual Bills.
• Track team performance.
• Coordination of transfers with Corporate Finance and Accounting.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of two years’ work experience in accounting environment.
• Working knowledge of accounting software, Oracle preferred.
• BA/BS of Accounting and/or equivalent field required, working knowledge in Microsoft 2010 Office programs, specifically Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Intermediate knowledge of Excel functions
• Proven experience of success in an accuracy focused environment.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects and manage personnel in a team oriented environment.
• Self-motivation and exceptional follow-through skills are a must.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 26 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
· Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
· Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
· Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal.
· Nexant Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.