About the Job
********SEEKING RECENT COLLEGE GRADS WITH TECHNICAL DEGREE*******************
Nexant is seeking a Technical Program Outreach Representative to support the Energy Efficiency Program Implementation team in our Chandler, AZ office. This position will be responsible for growing participation in the local utility’s energy efficiency rebate programs, focusing primarily on the Custom Rebate program and other technical program offerings, and for increasing program application volume in the area of HVAC, compressed air, industrial process, and other non-lighting measures.
This is a customer-facing position that requires excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people including trade allies, engineering firms, architects, utility account managers, and directly with commercial and industrial customers, including facility engineers. The successful candidate will have knowledge of energy efficiency solutions, including HVAC/mechanical systems – ideally in both commercial and industrial environments. Candidates with an engineering degree, or other technical degrees, and candidates with non-technical degrees but direct work experience in energy efficiency and/or technical solution sales will be considered.
Successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the position. We are looking for an exceptional person who enjoys working in a challenging and innovative environment. This position does require local travel to customer sites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for acquiring participation in the local utility company’s Energy Efficiency Programs focusing primarily on Custom and HVAC/mechanical projects.
• Work with trade allies -- engineering firms, architects, service providers, contractors, distributors, manufacturers, vendors -- individually and in group settings, to maximize their participation in the Custom Rebate Program.
• Recruit trade allies to join the utility’s trade ally network.
• Educate trade allies and utility customers on the details of the program participation process.
• Provide consistent and timely support for potential and participating trade allies, and utility customers, answering questions and assisting them with the rebate application process
• Meet with customers, including facility engineers, at the utility’s request to discuss the process associated with applying for custom rebates.
• Conduct site visits/facility walkthroughs at business locations to identify and discuss rebate-
eligible efficiency measures.
• B.S. in a technical field (Mechanical Engineering, etc.)
Strong analytical skills with the ability to manage multiple time-dependent tasks simultaneously
• Excellent oral communication, writing, interpersonal, skills
• Planning, organization, and self-management in a professional environment a must
• Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and the ability to learn and operate company proprietary computer software is required
• Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license and have a personal vehicle to visit customer sites
Education and Credentials:
- A BA/BS degree is required, preferably in engineering or another technical field. Other degrees would be considered if the candidate has direct work experience in energy efficiency and/or technical solution sales.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides
innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and
government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San
Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 32 global offices providing
deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement,
boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business
Nexant supports clients through three distinct business units:
- Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
- Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
- Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.