About the Job
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide.
Due to our growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a professional, motivated and self-directed Energy Engineer. This person will possess excellent customer, technical, and communication skills to support Nexant’s Utility Services Energy Efficiency Delivery program in Arizona, primarily in greater Phoenix area. This position will be located in our Chandler, AZ office.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the position including the tasks of interfacing with utility and customer representatives, conducting onsite energy audits for potential electric energy efficiency measures at industrial, and commercial facilities, and facilitating participation in utility-sponsored energy efficiency programs.
The ideal candidate will be technically savvy and organized, reliable and punctual, demonstrate initiative and follow-through, and be able to work collaboratively with multiple team members on numerous tasks. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must, and candidates who have technical sales skills or similar customer-facing experience whether via audits or project development, are preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interface with utility and customer representatives to drive participation in Utility sponsored energy efficiency programs
- Meet overall project budgets and energy savings acquisition targets
- Independently identify energy-efficiency opportunities. Provide technical assistance and support for energy efficient project implementation
- Conduct energy audits (both scoping- and investment-grade) at local commercial and industrial facilities
- Support measurement and verification tasks including the installations of field monitoring equipment to establish energy usage patterns as necessary
- Perform and review energy savings calculations. Maintain quality control of deliverable products, demonstrating technical accuracy, excellence and clarity while maintaining project schedules
- Write reports summarizing audit results, recommend energy savings opportunities and incentive payments
- Communicate and coordinate efficiently with various project stakeholders and participants including subcontractors and end customers
- Meet with utility customer and vendors to present results, develop new scopes of work, and co-manage projects as applicable
- Assist customers to select appropriate energy efficiency equipment that would qualify for equipment rebates from the utility
- Assist customers with completing and submitting rebate applications
- Conduct site visits to verify installation and operation of replacement energy efficient equipment
- Support Nexant’s utility services offerings under the direction of the engineering managers
- Other duties as directed
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Will consider other engineering degrees with pertinent experience and knowledge of mechanical systems)
- PE strongly preferred or intent to pursue
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience out of which must have a minimum of 3 years of work experience in engineering, with demonstrated experience in energy auditing and performing associated measures analysis
- A strong understanding of electric energy using systems of commercial and industrial facilities including equipment controls and optimization and/or sustainability practices Familiarity with relevant energy efficiency codes and standards (e.g. IECC, Code of Federal Regulations, ASHRAE 90.1, etc.)
- Knowledge and familiarity of the Arizona commercial building market and local industrial manufacturing facilities
- Strong proficiency with oral communication, writing, and analytical skills. Planning, organization, and self-management in a professional environment a must
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through in a fast pace environment
- Proven time management ability. Able to meet deliverable deadlines and budget for multiple projects
- Experience and aptitude with working in team environment, as well as independently without direct supervision
- Experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Retro-commissioning and/or Continuous commissioning of commercial and industrial facilities
- Building and energy modeling/simulation tools (e.g. Trace, DOE-2, eQuest)
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Google Enterprise Suite and the ability to learn and operate company proprietary computer software is required
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license and have a personal vehicle to visit customer sites (local travel within the Phoenix metro area only)
- C.E.M., or LEED AP ® O+M certification (or on track to receive) is desirable.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides
innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and
government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San
Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 32 global offices providing
deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement,
boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business
Nexant supports clients through three distinct business units:
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.