About the Job
Exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join Nexant in a newly created position. You are professional, highly-motivated and self-directed, with experience managing energy efficiency, demand response and other customer-focused utility programs. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing Nexant’s existing Customer Program delivery team in Chandler, Arizona, and serving as a primary point of contact with key utility client(s). The position is based in Nexant’s Chandler, Arizona office, and will report to the Principal located there.
This person will oversee 3 Managers (and indirect staff) administering a variety of residential, commercial and industrial customer programs, and may also support the Principal in marketing utility-focused solutions to other potential clients in the Southwest. Previous experience with energy efficiency, demand response and other customer-focused utility programs is required. The successful candidate must have proven experience managing programs, direct staff, and contractors. Strong expertise in budgeting, planning/forecasting, and strategic planning is preferred. Technical knowledge related to energy efficiency technologies, and/or certifications such as professional engineers license or CEM certification, are preferred.
At Nexant, we are committed to a culture of success – where every person is treated with respect and is recognized for their efforts to meet and exceed client expectations. We strive to make a positive difference in the world through energy efficiency and innovative customer-engagement initiatives. If you want to make a difference, value integrity and providing quality and service beyond expectations, we want to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage and strengthen client relations and engage in the co-management of projects, present results, and develop new scopes of work based on the strategic goals and needs of the client
· Responsible for quality of services and products, contract compliance, and performance measures while maintaining project deliverable schedules for multiple projects administered by direct reports
· Quantify needs and secure project-specific staffing needs and related resource requirements from cross-functional resources, or by hiring as appropriate
· Maintain quality control of all deliverable products demonstrating technical excellence, objectivity, and clarity while maintaining project schedules
· Financial responsibility and oversight of projects administered by direct reports, including adherence to budgets, revenue targets, and profitability in alignment with company/business unit performance goals
· Provide accurate monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts to support corporate/division reporting
· Work in partnership with other Sr. Managers across the division to ensure proper knowledge management and program management best practices
· Conduct employee performance evaluations and oversee overall staff development (e.g., project management skills, technical capabilities)
· Up to 10% travel is required with the majority of travel being within the Phoenix metro area during the business day. An occasional overnight trip may be required.
· Maintain consistent office hours at the Chandler location
· Other duties as directed
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
· 5+ years of experience managing/implementing energy efficiency or demand response programs with or on behalf of North American Utilities.
· Direct experience in the design of customer programs for utilities
· Project management experience either directly related to utility customer programs or in a related field (e.g. building construction) is required
· Excellent writing, interpersonal, analytical skills, with proven ability to manage client engagement and direct reports.
· Knowledge of energy efficiency programs, key regulatory rulings and IOU priorities for Arizona utilities is strongly preferred.
· Technical knowledge related to energy efficiency technologies including distributed energy resources such as solar, thermal, and battery storage
· Certifications such as professional engineer’s license, CEM, or other energy efficiency/building science certification strongly preferred.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides
innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and
government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San
Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 32 global offices providing
deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement,
boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business
Nexant supports clients through three distinct business units:
- Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
- Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
- Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal .
day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in
and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.