About the Job
We are currently seeking an Engineer I for our Louisville, CO office. The successful candidate will be responsible for technical engineering and support inside Nexant’s Utility Services business unit. Specific responsibilities will include: performing energy engineering services for utility and end-use clients, conducting onsite field inspections, energy audits and other related tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build spreadsheets and perform energy efficiency calculations
- Conduct site visits and identify energy efficiency measures
- Create energy efficiency models using industry standard software (eQUEST, EnergyPro, Trane Trace, etc)
- Support Nexant’s utility programs under the direction of the engineering managers
- Produce high quality deliverables (reports and spreadsheets)
- Conduct outreach to customers for door to door energy efficiency campaigns
- Support outreach campaigns with customer calls and follow up
- Ability to travel locally up to 30% of the time
- Other duties as directed
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical engineering, architectural engineering, electrical engineering, sustainable building practices, or similar
- 0-3 years of experience within the energy efficiency or building efficiency industry
- Understanding of building systems (particularly lighting and HVAC) and/or sustainability practices
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, VBA, and Outlook
- Ability to quickly learn complex technical subjects
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, and control systems is a plus
- F.E., P.E., C.E.M., or LEED AP® certification (or on track to receive) is desirable
- Experience in energy modeling or conducting energy assessments is a plus
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 26 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
- Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
- Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
- Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal.
- Nexant Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.