About the Job
Nexant is currently seeking a professional, highly-motivated and self-directed full-time Project Manager with great customer, technical, and communication skills to support electric and gas utility energy efficiency program and measure design. This position is located in White Plains, NY. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing an energy efficiency program with an annual budget of $2M+. This position will primarily support Nexant’s Utility Services business unit. Successful candidates must demonstrate the ability to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the position. The position requires access to a vehicle and regular travel to meetings in Orange and Rockland county.
Successful candidates must be reliable and punctual, have excellent oral and written skills, demonstrate initiative and follow through, and ability to work with multiple staff on numerous tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee a cross-functional team to deliver to deliver program goals within schedule and budget.
- Provide leadership; make decisions; solve problems; develop procedures; develop records/files; conduct meetings; represent Nexant/program at internal and external meetings
- Promptly and accurately address client concerns to assure problem resolution and promote long-term productive relationships. Understand the organization and decision-making process in order to work with stakeholders in determining project eligibility, schedule and contract compliance
- Coordinate program delivery with clients, delivery and industry partners and internal team members.
- Track program performance and inform program design decisions.
- Support development of program budgets and participation forecasts.
- Work with program delivery teams to ensure program applications, websites, systems, processes, measure libraries and other resources align with current program design and approved tariffs.
- Assist with other initiatives as needs arise
- Must be able to travel locally 20% of the time
- Other duties as directed
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience with utility energy efficiency programs.
- Strong customer relationship and sales skills.
- A strong understanding of residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural energy efficiency technologies and program delivery models.
- Demonstrated experience in market research and data analysis.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities while balancing schedules and budgets.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Experience in the following areas is a plus:
o Proposal development.
o Codes and standards.
o Change management.
o Continuous improvement.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 26 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
• Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
• Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
• Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal.
• Nexant Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.