About the Job
Nexant is currently seeking a professional, highly-motivated and self-directed full-time Project Manager with great customer, technical, and communication skills to support electric and gas utility energy efficiency program and measure design. This position is located in White Plains, NY.
We are looking for a multi-talented achiever with a positive attitude to join our team. You have exceptional project and contract management skills and a proven track record of setting and then exceeding client expectations. You are a customer-focused problem-solver, with excellent written and oral communication skills, including proficiency in developing and delivering formal presentations. You are humbly confident with an uncanny ability to quickly build trusting relationships, develop and sell solutions at all levels of an organization. You have a high level of business acumen, managing to budgets and profitability targets. You are also natural leader adept at engaging and developing staff.
You have experience in the energy, sustainability, or utility sectors in a project management, business management, professional sales/account management, or technical role. Direct experience with energy efficiency, utility DSM or customer engagement programs is definitely an advantage. However, beyond all of that, you are someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, connects easily with clients, is committed to excellence, and is able to truly inspire your team to deliver valued results. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a portfolio of energy efficiency programs for a large investor owner utility in the NY/NJ area.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and strengthen client relations and engage in the co-management of projects, present results, and develop new scopes of work based on the strategic goals and needs of the client
- Responsible for quality of services and products, contract compliance, and performance measures while maintaining project deliverable schedules for multiple projects administered by direct reports
- Maintain quality control of all deliverable products demonstrating technical excellence, objectivity, and clarity while maintaining project schedules
- Facilitate cross-functional engagement of staff and resources to effectively implement specific projects
- Financial responsibility and oversight of projects administered by direct reports, including adherence to budgets, revenue targets, and profitability in alignment with company/business unit performance goals
- Provide accurate monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts to support corporate/division reporting
- Oversees Project Staff on multiple projects and ensures client needs are being met
- Support efforts to achieve overall company and business unit performance goals as set by the company and specified in the Annual Development Plan and the Employee Performance Evaluation(s).
- Identify and support marketing opportunities and efforts to secure new business opportunities for the Company in collaboration with the Business Development and Account Managers
- Responsible for overall revenue, profit and loss of all projects administered by direct reports
- Work in partnership with other senior leaders across the division to ensure proper knowledge management and program management best practices
- Quantify needs and secure project-specific staffing needs and related resource requirements from cross-functional resources, or by hiring as appropriate
- Conduct employee performance evaluations and oversee overall staff development (e.g., project management skills, technical capabilities)
- Ability to travel locally 20% of the time
- Other duties as directed
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering is preferred
- Minimum of 8-15 years of work experience in energy, utilities, or engineering industries
- Strong proficiency with oral communication, writing, and analytical skills. Planning, organization, and self-management in a professional environment a must
- Strong business acumen and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail to detail, excellence and analytic skills and follow-through in a fast pace environment
- Proven time management ability. Able to meet deliverable deadlines and budget for multiple projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, experience and aptitude with working in team environment, as well as independently without direct supervision
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Google Enterprise Suite and the ability to learn and operate company proprietary computer software is required
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license and have a personal vehicle to visit customer sites
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 26 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
• Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
• Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
• Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal .
• Nexant Government Services works with US government partners, international development agencies, and international financial institutions to assist developing countries with their energy sector policies, institutions, infrastructure development, financing and efficient operations.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.