About the Job
Do you enjoy working with a team, being innovative, doing the right thing and having fun? Are you personable, ambitious, sharp as a tack and have a passion for a sustainable energy future? Then Nexant is the place for you! Nexant is seeking a proactive and self-motivated Project Coordinator in our White Plains office who will be responsible for managing and coordinating with building owners and service providers participating in utility sponsored energy efficiency programs.
Do you ever wonder how small businesses or large commercial buildings receive utility incentives to save energy? Join a dedicated team implementing White Plains-land energy efficiency programs. Specifically help service providers and contractors drive energy savings for customers. The Project Coordinator is an instrumental part of the delivery and success of the program. The candidate will be responsible for: working with building owners participating in utility sponsored programs, attending and facilitating meetings, and other related tasks. We are looking for an exceptional person who enjoys working in a challenging and innovative environment.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate previous relevant experience and success at managing multiple projects/programs, budgets, deliverables, and client relations.
At Nexant, we strive to make a positive impact on the world through energy efficiency and we are committed to a culture of teamwork to do so. Every person is treated with respect and is recognized for their efforts. We are devoted to bringing out the best in each other, contributing to the collective mission, and holding each other accountable. If you want to make a difference, value integrity and providing quality and service beyond expectations, we want to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate day-to-day aspects of projects including quality of work product, client communications, scheduling, and utilizing technical staff to service projects
- Maintain quality control of all deliverable products, demonstrating objectivity and clarity while maintaining project schedules
- Establish and maintain a professional customer rapport, including identifying and anticipating customer needs and proposing solutions
- Promptly and accurately address customer concerns to assure problem resolution and promote long-term productive relationships. Understand the organization and decision-making process in order to work with stakeholders in determining project eligibility, schedule and potential energy savings
- Manage on-time delivery of technical reports
- Facilitate meetings with building owners, utility representatives, and sub-contractors
- Communicate efficiently with subcontractors, customers and clients to meet program requirements
- Travel locally to client sites
- Other duties, as required.
- BA or BS degree is required, preferably in Engineering, Business Management, Construction Management or a related field
- Minimum of 0-2 years of project coordination experience or similar within the energy efficiency industry
- An understanding of building energy systems preferred
- Demonstrated ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects and work with technical staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and analytical skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite (Mail, Calendar, Drive)
- A valid driver’s license and a reliable car
- Must be able to travel locally up to approximately 20% of the time.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal .
Nexant Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.