About the Job
Nexant is looking for a Principal “Rainmaker” to join our growing energy solutions company offering consulting services and software to utility companies, governments and private enterprises in North America, South America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. We are expanding our energy Behavioral Science and Analysis department in North America and are interested in hiring consultants with at least 10 years of experience managing customer engagements related to the design or evaluation of programs and pilots related to demand response, energy efficiency, distributed energy resources, behavioral conservation, experimental design, market potential studies, energy pricing, and business case development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need inventive and complex solutions
- Advises internal and external clients on overall product solutions
- Develops and delivers outstanding Nexant presentations and demonstrations
- Works with Nexant Senior Leadership to develop go-to-market strategies
- Mentor and provide leadership to other team members
- Contribute to the attainment of business unit sales targets
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
- Communicate and manage program objectives and deployment plans
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current annual book of business of at least $1 million dollars
- Client relationships in at least 5 major utilities in the US
- Advanced degree highly desirable
- 10 + years of business experience in the utilities sector, preferably energy efficiency
- In depth knowledge of competitors
- Exhibit project management skills
- Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations and written communication
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques
- Ability to generate new consulting services revenue opportunities and seeing these through to successful conclusion
- Ability to travel as needed.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides
innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and
government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San
Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 32 global offices providing
deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement,
boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
- Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
- Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
- Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal .
- Nexant Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.