About the Job
As a Senior Analyst with Nexant, you will be part of a highly regarded global team and a member of the premier provider of energy and chemicals consulting solutions to clients who are shaping the future of the world through energy and materials. Join us and you will play an integral role in winning and delivering high-quality consulting projects, which will put your analyst skills to the test in an environment that is supportive and collegial.
As part of our growing team in Houston, you will also work on reports within our Nexant Subscription programs, which provide clients with comprehensive analytics, forecasts and insights in the markets, technologies and economics of a broad range of energy and chemical-related industries, from hydrocarbon fuels and feedstocks, petrochemicals and polymers, C1 chemicals, to biorenewables and special topics.
- Participate in the delivery of consultancy engagements and subscription reports to exceed client's expectations, through research, analysis and report writing
- Conduct primary research to understand key industry issues and develop market balances and projections
- Manage research and analysis of industry data through the use of spreadsheets
- Conduct research on process technology trends and develop economic models of capital and operating costs of industrial plants
- Meet internal quality, time and budget constraints
- Work closely with clients, prepare and deliver presentations, and assist in building strong client relationships
- Develop and broaden personal knowledge and capabilities
- Assist and support team members in all aspects of engagement delivery
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry
- 3+ years of industry analysis/consulting, research or process industry experience
- Advanced skills in the use of spreadsheets, word processing and presentation applications
- Proficient in the use of databases
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills
- Excellent mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Capable of developing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Positive and flexible work attitude
- Diplomatic in meeting and working with people, good cultural awareness
- Be willing to travel locally and nationally 20% of your time.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 26 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
- Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
- Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
- Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and Nexant Subscriptions and Reports
- Nexant Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.