About the Job
Nexant, Inc. (the Government Services Group) is seeking qualified applicants to serve as Deputy Chief of Party/Deputy Executive Director on the USAID-funded CASA-1000 Secretariat Project. The objective of the project is to provide effective functioning of the CASA-1000 Intergovernmental Council Secretariat towards its goal of facilitation successful completion of interlinking the power systems of the Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. The Deputy Chief of Party/Deputy Executive Director will be based in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Deputy Chief of Party/Deputy Executive Director will support the CASA-1000 Secretariat Project’s Chief of Party/Executive Director in all activities and will serve as his/her Alter Ego designate whenever required
- S/he will directly support and work closely with the Chief of Party/Executive Director to ensure the smooth implementation of the main functions of the Secretariat
- The Deputy Chief of Party/Deputy Executive Director must be comfortable coordinating with stakeholders in multiple countries at various levels of government and organization
- The Deputy Chief of Party/Deputy Executive Director must be able to coordinate with senior engineers overseeing highly complex and expansive engineering and construction projects.
- Other duties may include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with the Chief of Party/Executive Director in management of the technical components, providing programmatic leadership and overseeing the strategic planning of activities in support of the project goals and objectives, including the determination of project priorities and appropriate technical initiatives
- Ensure results-oriented technical components and high-quality and timely deliverables and reports, focusing on synergistic coordination of all technical areas
- Advise regional counterparts on technical issues and participate in relevant advisory and/or working groups with counterparts, partner institutions, and all other local stakeholders
- As required, represent the project in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations
- Support achieving results in all areas of the project’s schedule and maintain positive relationships with CASA-1000 Secretariat officials, partners, and stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in electrical engineering, power systems, or related studies with 8-10 years of technical management experience
- Successful record of technical management (e.g., Deputy Chief of Party, Deputy Project Manager or Team Leader, etc.) of medium-to- large scale construction projects funded by IFIs
- Demonstrated experience managing energy generation, transmission (preferred), and distribution projects involving the direct coordination of project activities with high-level government officials
- Demonstrable experience in power system planning (such as integrated resource planning, least cost generation expansion planning), and power system operations and stability analysis
- Strong analytical, management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated proactive behavior, attention to detail, adhering strictly established deadlines, and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- 5+ years’ experience managing USAID or other IFI-funded international development projects
- Must be able and willing to travel periodically from Kazakhstan to the Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, and Pakistan
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Russian
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 26 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
• Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
• Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
• Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal.
• Nexant Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.