About the Job
***Please only local candidates apply***
Nexant touches on the customer experience from multiple perspectives as a globally recognized software, consulting, and services leader. We work to solve problems and help utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies, and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000, Nexant's experts provide dynamic solutions to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs, and save resources.
At Nexant, we strive to make a positive impact on the world through energy efficiency and we are committed to a culture of teamwork where each person is treated with respect and is recognized for their efforts. We value integrity, quality, innovation, and customer service. We are devoted to bringing out the best in each other, contributing to the collective mission, and holding each other accountable.
Nexant is currently seeking an experienced Utility Energy Efficiency Program Manager.
This position is located in Salt Lake City, Utah and will primarily support Nexant’s Utility Services Energy Efficiency Delivery business unit.
Successful candidates must demonstrate the ability to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Up to 10% travel is required with the majority of travel being during the business day and some overnight trips.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee project and program contracts, scopes, budgets, and teams with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Communicate key objectives, strategies, and priorities to a variety of stakeholders and contributors.
- Create annual plans and deliver results.
- Oversee program performance and reporting for multiple projects in multiple states.
- Ensure compliance with all contract, tariff, and program requirements.
- Coordinate day-to-day aspects of projects including quality of work product, client communications, scheduling, and utilizing internal and external delivery team members to delivery results.
- Maintain quality control of all deliverable products, demonstrating objectivity and clarity while maintaining project schedules.
- Establish and maintain a professional customer rapport, including identifying and anticipating customer needs and proposing solutions.
- Promptly and accurately address customer concerns to assure problem resolution and promote long-term productive relationships.
- Coordinate with client, delivery team members, and industry partners to identify program challenges and opportunities for improvement.
- Collaboratively develop, present, and implement recommendations to enhance go-to-market strategies and operational efficiencies.
- Facilitate effective change management.
- Balance innovation with risk management.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients, customers, delivery team members, and industry partners.
- Foster a positive, collaborative, and productive culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA or BS degree is required, preferably in Engineering, Economics, Political Science, Business, or a related field
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience with utility energy efficiency programs.
- Strong customer relationship and sales skills.
- A strong understanding of residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural energy efficiency.
- Demonstrated experience with project management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities while balancing schedules and budgets.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Strategic planning.
- Matrix/Functional Organizations.
- Customized solutions vs. one-size-fits all products.
- Software product integration into service offerings.
• Expected to supervise and lead a program delivery team of 20+ internal and external team members
• Number of full time staff directly supervised: TBD
• Number of part time staff directly supervised: 0