About the Job
Nexant is currently seeking a Senior Developer experienced with software development for our Utility Services Business Unit. This full-time position will be located in Madison, WI, and will be responsible for supporting the development of software tools used to facilitate and enable the delivery of energy efficiency programs. This position will work on a wide range of software tools to fundamentally change how utilities deliver energy efficiency programs to their customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage, mentor and lead the software engineering team, which consists of Nexant and subcontractor staff, to effectively design, deliver, deploy, maintain and enhance a portfolio of cloud based software applications in a fast paced, complex and fun environment.
• Combine input collected from business management teams, development best practices, corporate standards, and current technology, to architect technology-enabled, program delivery solutions.
• Collaborate and develop working relationships with direct reports, subcontractors, Nexant business management teams, and external clients to strategically and efficiently enhance Nexant’s portfolio of software applications.
• Be accountable for the quality and timeliness of software releases.
• Serve as a software development and systems technical expert; maintain technical excellence through self-study, conferences and trainings.
• Support internal initiative to attain ISO 27001 compliance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• B.S. or M.S in Computer Science or related
• Hands-on software development experience in designing and developing high performance, reliable and scalable production systems
• 5+ years of experience with programming languages, preferably PHP and the Laravel framework
• 5+ years of experience with MySQL, Access, or other relational databases
• Familiar with developer tools and processes including GIT, JIRA, and Agile
• Experience tuning enterprise applications for performance and scalability
• Understanding of workflow engines, and prior use of workflow engines is desired
• Strong experience in JAAS APIs, LDAP and SSO
• Experience with leading cloud deployment platforms and technologies is preferred
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Practical Knowledge of the Agile Software Development Life cycle
• Knowledge of Utility Industry and related software systems is ideal
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 26 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
• Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
• Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
• Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal .
• Nexant Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.