We're looking for a seasoned Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our HR recruiting team. This position will be based either in Hinsdale, IL or White Plains, NY and report to the HR Manager in San Francisco . This recruiter will employ traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as develop new, creative recruiting ideas. Full-cycle recruiting responsibilities will include Boolean searches, networking, accessing candidate databases, salary negotiations, and sourcing passive candidates to identify top-performing candidates for U.S. positions. The ideal person is diplomatic, effectively achieving close and effective partnerships with hiring managers, in order to prioritize and effectively manage open requisitions. Candidates must have a strong background as an in-house recruiter (additional time as an agency recruiter is as plus) in the engineering and tech industries. This person must have a passion for connecting people to jobs through recruiting and is interested in pursuing a long-term career in Human Resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Builds effective and lasting relationships with colleagues and candidates
• Full-cycle recruiting across multiple roles and teams throughout the company
• Partners with multiple hiring managers and Human Resources team members to set and drive recruiting strategy, client management and talent acquisition within a client-aligned recruiting team
• Helps to develop and execute recruiting plans with individual business units
• Utilizes external job boards and resume databases, maintains company's LinkedIn career page
• Works with the Recruiting Team to coordinate and implement market-specific recruiting initiatives, campaigns and events
• Prepares metrics and reports for senior management
• When needed, works collaboratively with the immigration legal team to process work visas: H-1B, PERM, etc.
• Networks through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees
• Collaborates with the HR team to improve on-boarding practices
• Provides support as needed in the areas of data entry into HRIS (TriNet, and Oracle Fusion), employee life-cycle management (new-hire orientation, training and development, employee engagement and exit interviews)
• Other duties as assigned.
• AA, BA, or equivalent degree preferred
• 5+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience for positions of all levels, for engineering or tech companies
• Solid tech network nationally, particularly in the Eastern Region
•Strong proficiency using recruiting and people-related systems, including applicant tracking systems, resume databases, internet sourcing tools, LinkedIn Recruiter, and complex spreadsheets.
• Knowledge of immigration (H-1B, E-3, PERM cases, etc.)
• Highly proficient with using Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills • Must be able to carry out tasks and projects to completion and communicate if deadlines cannot be met
• Exceptional organization skills with a strong attention to detail
• Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing business needs and to work as part of a team
• Ability to work effectively and deliver while under pressure
• Proven ability to manage both internal and external customer expectations
• Ability to build strong relationships with business leaders, hiring managers, team mates, and candidates
• Ability to attract high-quality candidates and operate in a time-sensitive, deadline-driven environment
• Must live within a commutable distance to our San Francisco office.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.