About the Job
Customer Success Director (CSD) are responsible for the partnership between Nexant and our strategic clients, driving value realization and return on the client’s investment. Customer Success Directors are industry savvy individuals who have experience in utilities, energy efficiency, and know its value in driving strategies. They work directly with our clients to understand business and technical requirements and to develop solutions to ensure success. Additionally, CSDs also perform pre-sales activities for new features, functions, and modules with existing clients. With a strong understanding of the client needs, the CSD is in the best position to tailor the best solution for a specific client.
Duties and Responsibilities
- · Strategic consulting in energy efficiency
best practices across Nexant software and services
· Client relationship management with a focus on client retention
· Be a trusted advisor to enable clients to achieve their business objectives using our tools
· Communicate consistently with clients throughout the contract lifecycle and escalating important issues when necessary
· Managing client expectations and keeping clients satisfied
· Cultivate future projects and qualify new opportunities
· Frequent interaction with clients including Directors, VPs, and C-level executives
· Identify customer needs through market research and client interviews
· Collaboration with professional services and product development
· Collaboration with product support on address client issues
· Collaboration with sales teams on account strategies
· Collaboration with proposal teams on RFI/RFP responses
· Pre-sales support through client demos, roadmaps discussions, and integration strategies
· Provide ongoing feedback on process and suggest ideas for improvement
· Other duties as necessary
· Bachelor’s degree (BBA, BA, or BS) in Computer Science or Energy related degrees
· Experience within utility, energy efficiency, or building efficiency industry desirable
· Understanding of energy delivery concepts such as efficiency, renewables, storage, demand response, etc.
· Demonstrate exceptional customer facing skills
· Strong track record of successfully managing client relationships and technical projects
· Preferable 10+ years prior experience within customer success, customer satisfaction, customer service, inside sales, or account development
· Excellent work ethic and leadership skills
· Self-motivated, team-oriented, very responsible and focused on exceeding client expectations
· Understanding of enterprise business models, online processes, terminology, concepts, and strategies
· Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills, both verbal and written
· Demonstrated ability to deal with change and excel in high-stress situations
· Must be able to travel domestically up to 30% of the time to meet with clients and prospects in-person
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco,Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 32 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
•Nexant Energy Softwarehas developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
•Nexant Utility Servicesworks with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
•Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisoryprovides strategic planning, project development, competitoranalysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal.
•Nexant Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure,financing, and access to affordable electricity.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.