About the Job
Nexant is seeking a person with significant experience managing energy efficiency, demand response and other customer-focused programs in the state of California. The California Principal is responsible for managing Nexant’s existing Customer Program delivery team in California, and leading the contracting, staffing, transition and launch of new programs across the State.
This person will oversee 2-5 Program Managers (and indirect staff) administering a variety of residential, commercial and industrial customer programs and work jointly with the Director of Business Development to market a suite of utility-focused solutions to clients in California. Previous experience with energy efficiency, demand response and other customer-focused programs in California is required. The successful candidate must have proven experience managing programs, direct staff, and contractors. Strong expertise in budgeting, planning/forecasting, and strategic planning is preferred. The position may be based in either the San Francisco or Los Angeles greater-metro areas and will report to the Senior Vice President of the Utility Services division.
At Nexant, we are committed to a culture of success – where every person is treated with respect and is recognized for their efforts to meet and exceed client expectations. We strive to make a positive difference in the world through energy efficiency and innovative customer-engagement initiatives. If you want to make a difference, value integrity and providing quality and service beyond expectations, we want to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Manage and strengthen client relations and engage in the co-management of projects, present results, and develop new scopes of work based on the strategic goals and needs of the client
· Responsible for quality of services and products, contract compliance, and performance measures while maintaining project deliverable schedules for multiple projects administered by direct reports
· Quantify needs and secure project-specific staffing needs and related resource requirements from cross-functional resources, or by hiring as appropriate
· Maintain quality control of all deliverable products demonstrating technical excellence, objectivity, and clarity while maintaining project schedules
· Financial responsibility and oversight of projects administered by direct reports, including adherence to budgets, revenue targets, and profitability in alignment with company/business unit performance goals
· Identify and support marketing opportunities and efforts to secure new business opportunities for the Company in collaboration with the Business Development and Utility Account Managers, as well as the iEnergy Software team
· Provide accurate monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts to support corporate/division reporting
· Work in partnership with other Sr. Managers across the division to ensure proper knowledge management and program management best practices
· Conduct employee performance evaluations and oversee overall staff development (e.g., project management skills, technical capabilities)
· Other duties as directed
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
· 7+ years of experience managing/implementing energy efficiency or demand response programs on behalf of North American Utilities.
· 2+ years working with utilities in California, with knowledge of energy efficiency programs, key regulatory rulings and IOU priorities.
· Must be able to travel locally (typically to major metropolitan areas in CA and occasionally Salt Lake City, UT) up to approximately 30% of the time.
· Excellent writing, interpersonal, analytical skills, with proven ability to manage client engagement and project delivery across a team of 3-5 reporting project managers.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides
innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and
government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San
Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 32 global offices providing
deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement,
boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
- Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
- Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
- Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal .
- Nexant Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.