About the Job
We are currently seeking a junior-level Energy Efficiency Engineer for our Toronto, Canada office. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical support services for the Energy Efficiency Delivery Group within Nexant’s Utility Services business unit. Specific responsibilities will include: performing energy engineering services for utility and end-use clients, performing energy efficiency calculations, conducting site visits and audits (ASHRAE I, II), installing field monitoring equipment, and other related tasks. Candidates with more than 1 year of work experience are encouraged to apply.
The following is a representative description of the position’s role and responsibilities. Reflecting the flexible nature of our work, Nexant will adjust this description as necessary to meet operating and strategic needs of its business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply high level of attention to detail and technical knowledge in validating program applications
- Review energy efficiency projects including: project scope of work, performing energy saving calculations, energy simulation models, project documentation, providing technical advice, and verifying energy savings
- Perform energy efficiency calculations by using spreadsheets, software and/or energy simulation
- Conduct in-field inspections/measurement and verification (M&V) in customer businesses
- Conduct energy audits (ASHRAE I, II) to identify and verify energy efficiency measures, including data collection (such as deploying data loggers).
- Produce high quality deliverables (reports and spreadsheets) adhering to Nexant’s quality standards and marketing protocols
- Other duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, sustainable building practices or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience within the energy efficiency or building efficiency industry
- A strong understanding of mechanical and electrical systems of commercial buildings (particularly lighting and HVAC) and/or sustainability practices
- Familiarity with relevant building codes and standards (e.g. IECC, ASHRAE 90.1, etc)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation and analytical skills
- Proven time management ability. Able to meet deliverable deadlines and budget for multiple projects
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Able to travel up to approximately 40% to facilities in Ontario.
Salary and Benefits (Canada)
Nexant Canada offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers competitive paid vacation per year, a Group RRSP plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant is a globally recognized consulting, services and software leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 32 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
• Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
• Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal .
• Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
• Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant Canada, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.