Nexant is seeking a Senior Analyst for its consulting team based in the Shanghai office. This is an ideal opportunity for a graduate to enter the consulting industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To participate in the delivery of consultancy engagements to exceed clients’ expectations.
• To work in consulting project teams to research, analyse and write reports on the energy, chemical and related industries.
• To undertake research into the technology, market, financial, environmental and commercial aspects of the energy and chemical industries.
• To undertake analysis of industry data mostly through the use of spreadsheets and databases.
• To clearly present findings to clients in either written or slide format.
• To meet internal quality, time and budget constraints.
• To assist and support team members in all aspects of engagement delivery
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferably in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering. Qualifications in related disciplines considered.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English. Expertise in the Chinese language is essential.
• Experience in energy, downstream oil, or chemical industry beneficial but not required.
Salary and Benefits:
Nexant offers a competitive compensation package.
About Nexant E&CA
• Nexant’s Energy and Chemical Advisory (E&CA) Business Unit is an independent global consulting firm that provides advisory services to the energy and chemicals sector. Nexant’s experience covers all market and techno-economic aspects of refinery, petrochemical, polymer, and bio-renewable businesses. Nexant's key consulting offices are located in White Plains, San Francisco, London, Bahrain, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Shanghai.
• Nexant offers consulting services in the following areas:
• Strategy Assistance: Entry or exit strategies, growth or diversification strategies and general planning and organizational advisory services
• M&A Assistance: Including due diligence, asset evaluation and valuation support
• Master Planning and Feasibility Appraisal: Covering independent evaluation of small, medium and large scale investment projects
• Technical Reviews: As advisers to sponsors for performance improvement, or lenders for Project Finance and M&A
• Project Evaluation & Financing: During the past few years Nexant has provided Independent Consultancy to the sponsors and/or lenders for over $100 billion of investment projects that have been successfully implemented
• Market Assessments: Analysis of supply, demand, and trade for all major products in the sector and many specialties, including market drivers and cost competitiveness.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Asia is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law