About the Job
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to work in various aspects of
Accounting. The ideal candidate must be analytical, results-oriented, and able to manage multiple priorities, and be able to complete accounting research and investigate and resolve issues. This individual will be based at our headquarters in San Francisco and will report to the U.S. Controller.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
• Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information
• Develop efficient procedures and best use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
• Maintain accounting process documentation.
• General Ledger transaction review and posting
• Assist with month end close activities, journal entries & GL reconciliations
• Review account reconciliations.
• Manage daily banking requirements.
• Manage state and local tax audits
• Collaborate with the other finance department managers to support overall
• department goals and objectives
• Respond to various internal & 3rd party requests for financial information
• Prepare remittances & file state sales tax returns
• Supervise and train the accounting staff
• Special finance and ad hoc projects as needed
• Other duties as assigned.
• BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or Business
• Minimum of 6-8 years accounting experience
• Excellent proficiency using Microsoft Excel and Word
• Excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation skills
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills
• Knowledge of Oracle Fusion a plus
• Public Accounting, CPA a plus.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 26 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
• Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
• Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
• Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal .
• Nexant Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.