About the Job
Nexant is currently seeking an experienced Sr GL Accountant who will report to the Accounting Manager/Director. This role will support the Accounting Manager on various month-end, quarter-end and year-end close activities from GL accounting, reconciliations, accruals and other ad hoc activities. In addition, we are looking for an individual who can take charge of our collections area and provide process or invoicing improvements if need be to further improve cash flow.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform various month-end, quarter-end and year-end close activities from GL accounting, reconciliations, accruals and other ad hoc activities
• Assist with the year-end audit
• Assist with local tax filings
• Update, maintain and develop where necessary, accounting policies and procedures to support the operations of the network
• Post cash receipts daily and oversee the collections of accounts receivable worldwide to make sure our A/R is kept current
• Work with the Project Accountants and Project Managers on their collection related activities and provide them with tools to perform that function
• Participate in weekly cash forecasts
• Show initiative, identifying opportunities for improvement and implementing required changes
• Demonstrate standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support customer satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
• Assist in accounting projects or perform other duties as time permits or as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• BS/BA Degree
• 4-6 years of accounting experience
• Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures is required.
• Demonstrated experience or extensive course work related to Business ERPs is required. Experience with Oracle is preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office systems, including Excel and Word
• Keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Exceptional time management skills, with the ability to multi-task
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Team player who can identify and initiate process improvements
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 26 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
• Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
• Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
• Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal .
• Nexant Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.