About the Job
Nexant is currently seeking an experienced project accountant to support billing, revenue and project set-up for its US-based business units. This position will be based at our corporate office in San Francisco and will report to the Revenue Manager/Director.
This person will be responsible for project set-up within the accounting; billing clients for Software sales, Cost Plus, Time & Materials and Fixed Price contracts; revenue review and analysis; project and financial reporting, and other support as required. This generally includes but is not limited to, working with the Revenue Manager/Director to set-up, update and maintain project information and budgets within the project accounting system which will result in sound project management; prepare appropriate client invoices, and providing clear and frequent project management financial reports. He/she will also work with the business unit Project Managers in the collection of the outstanding receivables.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Software and services revenue recognition, including ASC 606
• Review contract terms and set up project codes, revenue formulas, billing formulas in Oracle accounting system
• Develop Project reporting and performance analysis to improve company profitability
• Review project financial performance, revenue recognition and billing progress, domestic and international
• Client management, including invoicing, communication with project managers and clients as need
• Show initiative, identifying opportunities for improvement and implementing required changes
• Generate monthly inter-company transactions
• Handle more complex projects and assist other project accountants
• Assist with month end close
• Preparation of Unbilled and Deferred Revenue reconciliations
• Assist Revenue Manager/Director with ad hoc reporting
• Other duties as assigned.
• B.A. degree in accounting or B.A. / B.S. Degree in related field
• Minimum 6-8 years of progressive experience in accounting, preferably in an engineering consulting, technology or related firms
• Oracle experience, a plus
• Knowledge of international transactions, VAT, etc.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office systems, including Excel and Word
• Keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Exceptional time management skills, with the ability to multi-task
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Team player who can identify and initiate process improvements
• High level of initiative and ability to meet deadlines
• Familiar with a variety of accounting concepts, terminology, practices and procedures
• Ability to follow through on commitments and demonstrate ownership of results
• CPA preferred, but not required.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 26 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
• Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
• Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
• Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal .
• Nexant Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.