About the Job
We are seeking a dynamic software quality assurance automation engineer to join our product development team here at Nexant. This person will be responsible for ensuring software quality through the development and execution of software test plans by way of verification procedures based upon software and system specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review design documentation to ensure that requirements stated are unambiguous and verifiable
- Coordinate with software product development to evaluate system interfaces, functional and performance requirements of overall system
- Develop test plans and detailed functional and usability test cases for each deliverable of the software and project implementation services
- Develop and maintain a repository of regression test cases
- Lead initiatives to automate testing and reduce test cycles and overall time to market
- Plan and prioritize test efforts and resolution of defects based on trade off between severity of defect and change impact to committed release and delivery dates
- Report test results to management team proactively
- Track defects and verifying resolution
- Work as part of a team which includes in-house software engineers and QA engineers on the day-to-day execution of quality assurance efforts to meet committed delivery dates
- Other duties may be assigned
• Must have a BS or pursing a MS in Computer Science or similar technical degree
• 3-4+ years of software testing and quality assurance experience
• Proficient in Java programming
• Proficient in writing Selenium based test cases in Java. Knowledge of Geb is a huge plus
• Good experience with current software languages, application code design, and writing in Java & Java Script
• Knowledge or experience in Testing tools
• Knowledge or experience in engineering problem solving
• Should be analytical and be able to troubleshoot applications
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to work in a team environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word is required
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 32 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
- Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
- Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
- Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal .
- Nexant Government Services works with US government partners, international development agencies, and international financial institutions to assist developing countries with their energy sector policies, institutions, infrastructure development, financing and efficient operations.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.