About the Job
Nexant, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Engineer for our Utility Services Division in Northern California. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with relevant experience in the energy efficiency field. The ideal candidate is expected to be technically savvy, detail-oriented and organized, with strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience with identifying potential energy efficiency measures at different types of facilities is preferred. This position will be located in San Francisco, CA, and will involve frequent travel throughout Northern California and possibly Southern California.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently build technically sound spreadsheets and perform detailed energy efficiency calculations
- Write clear and concise technical reports, accurately describing energy efficiency opportunities and allowing business executives to understand how their energy dollars are most effectively invested
- Review and understand spreadsheets created by others, identify shortcomings, suggest corrections
- Audit complex buildings, evaluate building systems, and identify energy efficiency opportunities
- Build or review energy efficiency models using industry standard software (eQUEST, EnergyPro, etc.)
- Assume sole responsibility for quality, accuracy, and timeliness of work products
- Support Nexant’s utility programs under the direction of the program managers
- Assist with business development initiatives
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Engineering: Mechanical
- 1+ years of experience with energy efficiency in commercial, government, and/or industrial sectors
- The ideal candidate will possess experience in commercial, hi-tech/bio-tech, health care, or heavy industry
- Experience with building management systems (BMS) such as ALC, Metasys, Apogee, Andover, etc. is desired
- Solid understanding of building systems (particularly lighting and HVAC) is necessary
- Familiarity with relevant building codes and standards (e.g. Title 24, ASHRAE 90.1, etc.) is desired
- Demonstrated proficiency with building simulation software (e.g. eQUEST, EnergyPro, Trane Trace)
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Able to work and manage time independently
- Hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, and control systems is a plus
- P.E., C.E.M., or LEED AP® certification (or on track to receive) is desirable
- Must be able to travel locally up to approximately 30% of the time.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 32 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
- Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
- Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
- Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal .
- Nexant Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.