About the Job
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide.
Nexant is currently seeking a professional, highly-motivated and self-directed full-time Senior Program Design Manager with great customer, technical, and communication skills to support electric and gas utility energy efficiency program and measure design.
This position is located in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing strategic program design initiatives for existing and new Utility projects and programs.
This position will primarily support Nexant’s Utility Services business unit.
Successful candidates must demonstrate the ability to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Up to 10% travel is required with the majority of travel being during the business day and some overnight trips.Successful candidates must be reliable and punctual, have excellent oral and written skills, demonstrate initiative and follow through, and ability to work with multiple staff on numerous tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with clients, delivery and industry partners and internal team members to understand program design challenges and opportunities
- Oversee development of models and metrics to track program performance and inform program design decisions
- Establish and oversee program design improvement plans and activities for programs in multiple states
- Lead market research related to technologies, codes, standards, program designs and third party specifications
- Guide analysis of historical program participation data
- Supervise and lead a program design team of 3+ staff members
- Support development of program budgets and participation forecasts
- Support client regulatory filings and postings related to program changes
- Work with program delivery teams to ensure program applications, websites, systems, processes, measure libraries and other resources align with current program design and approved tariffs
- Serve as program design subject matter expert for business development and proposal activities
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience with utility energy efficiency programs.
- Strong customer relationship and sales skills.
- A strong understanding of residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural energy efficiency technologies and program delivery models.
- Demonstrated experience in market research and data analysis.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities while balancing schedules and budgets.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Proposal development.
- Codes and standards.
- Change management.
- Continuous improvement.
• Expected to supervise and lead a program design team of 3+ staff members.
• Number of full time staff directly supervised: 3+
• Number of part time staff directly supervised: 0
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant is a globally recognized
software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to
utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities
worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its
500+ employees work from 26 global offices providing deep technical expertise
and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational
efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
- Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
- Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
- Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal .
- Nexant Government Services works with US government partners, international development agencies, and international financial institutions to assist developing countries with their energy sector policies, institutions, infrastructure development, financing and efficient operations.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.