At Nexant, our mission is to partner with our clients and work together towards a more sustainable energy future. Our Utility Services team supports our overall mission by making a positive impact in the world through energy efficiency. We believe in working as a team, doing the right thing, thinking differently, and having fun. Nexant’s marketing team focuses on communicating with the market in a way that inspires engagement in energy efficiency.
This role is responsible for leading the implementation of energy efficiency marketing strategies and initiatives for utility-sponsored programs in collaboration with our clients and the Nexant Corporate Marketing Team. Specifically responsible for working with Nexant and Client teams to develop strategic and tactical campaigns that inspire and drive creative solutions and have an immediate impact for our customers. This role must have supervisory and staff management experience; work effectively in a team environment; and work well as an individual contributor for marketing subject matter expertise.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides marketing project and staff management, marketing client management, client communication, contractual/SOW compliance, brand development and compliance, client-specific strategy, campaign design, client presentations, cross-functional coordination, and continuous improvement with minimal direction from Marketing Manager and Program Managers
- Collaborates with marketing, program managers and team leads on client direction, develop/manage client marketing plans, leading strategic marketing meetings, and providing vision and direction to the team
- Ensures efforts of the team and components align with goals
- Acts as client’s voice when developing and executing efforts
- Develops and maintains marketing client relationships
- Attends to needs of clients seeking ways to add value; proactively communicating on a regular basis
- Manages risk analysis by looking for and reporting potential roadblocks to budget, resources, and timelines
- Oversees day-to-day management of marketing plans for multiple clients and initiatives
- Support Program Marketing area standardization and improvement initiatives
- Work closely with Program Marketing team to identify and implement innovative and improved services that meet current and prospective client needs
- Participate in continuous improvement teams and working groups for Program Marketing area
- Contract management of software like: Qualtrics, Campaign Monitor, and Cvent
- Provide support and leadership for new/existing Program Marketing programs, initiatives, and contracts
- Collaborate with marketing, operations teams, and affiliate agencies to develop and execute strategic marketing plans and campaigns for assigned contracts
- Manages staffing resources for all assigned contracts
- Track, analyze, and generate marketing project reports and metrics
- Provide subject matter expertise (SME) to support new business development opportunities and offering development initiatives as requested
- Engage and participate as applicable in proposal development, sales and client/prospect meetings, and representing Program Marketing value proposition
- Help develop presentation templates and customized slides for specific presentations; present on offerings as needed.
- Strengths: Sales/customer service focused; excellent communication (verbal/presentation and written); problem solving; excellent organizational abilities; numbers/budget/time management
- Bachelor’s degree (BBA, BA, or BS) in Marketing, Business, Communications, Journalism or related field or equivalent experience required
- 5-10 years of professional marketing experience
- Excellent time management and organizational capabilities, including the ability to deliver on deadlines and manage a high-volume workload; superior attention to detail
- Experience in managing clients on a contract level
- Energy efficiency industry experience a plus
- Ability to work with external clients on a daily basis
- Self-starter, highly organized, and have strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Expert knowledge of and expertise in Office 2010
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 26 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
- Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
- Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
- Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal.
- Nexant Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure,financing, and access to affordable electricity.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.