About the Job
We are seeking an experience senior manager within the energy and chemical industries with a proven track record in business development and project management for our E&CA unit in San Francisco. Successful candidates must be experienced, creative, and self-motivated, with extensive experience working with new and advanced energy technologies, and a successful track record of developing new business as well as managing a professional consulting team.
Nexant’s E&CA business team based in San Francisco provides engineering consulting services to a diverse portfolio of private sector and government clients. Typical services include technology planning, energy systems integration analysis, technical due diligence, engineering support for R&D development, conceptual design and cost estimation, techno-economic evaluation, risk analysis, market assessment, and project management. Nexant’s energy technology consultancy experience covers many aspects of advanced energy generation and storage technologies. This includes clean coal and renewable energies (e.g, gasification and advanced biomass based power systems), climate change and management, carbon capture plant integration design, alternative fuels, concentrating solar power and PV energy plant systems, fuel cells, hydrogen production, infrastructure and utilization system, life cycle analysis and sustainable solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide leadership and management in Nexant’s E&CA energy consulting team located in SF
• Liaise with existing clients and manage business relationships for growth
• Develop new consulting business opportunities to help clients with development and deployment of new and advanced energy technologies
• Manage teams that execute consulting assignments and maintain quality control, budget and schedule of all deliverables, with demonstrated excellence
• BS or Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• 15+ years of experience with a proven track record in business/project development with a focus around Energy Technologies
• Must have good interpersonal skills
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficient in proposal preparation, cost/benefit analysis and project management
• Demonstrated proficiency and experience in analyzing and conducting technical evaluation/integration of leading edge energy technologies
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 26 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
• Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
• Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
• Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor
analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal.
• Nexant Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure,financing, and access to affordable electricity.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.