About the Job
Nexant is currently seeking a (Accounts Payable/Receivable Supervisor) Business Processing Coordinator to support the Energy Efficiency – Business Processing team in our Salt Lake City, UT office. The Business Processing Coordinator will support all activities directly related the incentive fulfillment process to ensure ensure all key goals and metrics are met in achieving same day processing of incentive checks.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Manage and supervise high-volume daily rebate check runs with high-level accuracy
· Manage the tracking/research of outstanding and returned incentive checks, ensuring they are reissued to prevent escheatment
· Review/QC systems of record to ensure proper accounting procedures are followed with every transaction
· Coach/Train on errors founds to increase overall team efficiency and accuracy
· Periodically review W9 and 1099 information integrity to appropriately report on all necessary 1099’s to the IRS yearly.
· Manage/Approve general ledger accounts by approving all A/R, Cash Receipts, Adjusting Journal Entries, period close, and bank account reconciliations
· Periodic reconciliations of bank accounts
· Periodic reconciliations of Oracle system of record to ensure GAAP adherence.
· Yearly participation in 1099 creation, mailing activities. This includes overall review of 1099 submittal files for accuracy
· Other duties as assigned.
· Must be able to work from 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM
·2 years’ work experience is preferred in accounts payable and accounts receivable
· Management/Leadership experience preferred
· Associates degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
· Excellent communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills with all level of customers and company employees
· Demonstrated higher-level skill in Microsoft 2010 Office programs, specifically Microsoft Excel and Word
· Proven experience of success in an accuracy focused environment
· Self-motivation and exceptional follow-through skills are a must
· Professional writing and communication abilities
· Must be able to pass a criminal and financial background screening.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides
innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and
government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San
Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 32 global offices providing
deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement,
boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
- Nexant Energy Softwarehas developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
- Nexant Utility Servicesworks with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
- Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisoryprovides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal .
- Nexant Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.