About the Job
We are seeking an energy engineer to provide technical services to various NW utility programs. This individual will be responsible for providing customers
the support and tools necessary to identify, quantify and deliver cost-effective energy-efficiency projects. We are searching for the right mix of leadership, outreach, technical ability, and interpersonal skills to educate and inspire energy-saving actions. A successful candidate will embody integrity, humility, credibility, professionalism, authenticity, and competence.
Duties and Responsibilities
Deliver excellent customer service to customers (commercial and industrial customers, utility clients, and
- Perform various levels of energy audits at customer facilities to identify, measure, and verify energy efficiency
- Provide timely technical and program feedback, listen to customer needs, set expectations appropriately, and
deliver what you promise.
- Be a champion for energy efficiency (projects and the approach): identify barriers and propose solutions.
- Support Nexant’s utility programs under the direction of the Office Head or Program Administrator to achieve
program energy savings goals.
- Produce high quality deliverables (reports and spreadsheets) with limited QC review.
- Forge and maintain excellent relationship with client.
- Solicit feedback, advocate change, and implement solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical engineering, or similar
- P.E. in mechanical engineering, CEM, CEA, CBCP, or CMVP are desirable
- A strong understanding of mechanical and electrical systems and principals including: HVAC and refrigeration, thermal and fluid systems, motors, lighting and/or other commercial and industrial systems
- 4+ years of experience within the energy efficiency or building efficiency industry
- Analytical skills and demonstrated experience quantifying energy savings for commercial facility and/or industrial process energy efficiency improvements
- Experience in the following areas is a plus:
o Direct to customer outreach and project development
o Design and specification of HVAC, electrical, building automation/controls
o Commissioning and/or retro-commissioning test procedures, schematic diagrams, and system specifications
o Building and energy modeling/simulation tools (e.g. DOE-2, eQuest, EnergyPlus, Trane Trace, ECAM)
o Experience working on utility incentive program impact or process evaluations
o Familiarity with electrical measurement equipment to develop and execute M&V plans
- Ability to work remotely and independently managing multiple projects while meeting deliverable deadlines and budgets
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, presentation, and analytical skills
- Comfortable managing projects and workflows with variable levels of ambiguity
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel
- Willingness to work from home/remote office
- Must be able to travel locally (nationally or internationally) up to approximately 20% of the time.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
- Performance-based bonuses
- Significant opportunity for growth/internal promotion
- Group health insurance
- Flexible work hours
- Respect for work/life balance.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 32 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
- Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
- Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
- Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal.
- Nexant Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.