- Perform various levels of energy audits at customer facilities to identify, measure, and verify energy efficiency
- Provide timely technical and program feedback, listen to customer needs, set expectations appropriately, and
- Be a champion for energy efficiency (projects and the approach): identify barriers and propose solutions.
- Support Nexant’s utility programs under the direction of the Office Head or Program Administrator to achieve
- Produce high quality deliverables (reports and spreadsheets) with limited QC review.
- Forge and maintain excellent relationship with client.
- Solicit feedback, advocate change, and implement solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical engineering, or similar
- P.E. in mechanical engineering, CEM, CEA, CBCP, or CMVP are desirable
- A strong understanding of mechanical and electrical systems and principals including: HVAC and refrigeration, thermal and fluid systems, motors, lighting and/or other commercial and industrial systems
- 4+ years of experience within the energy efficiency or building efficiency industry
- Analytical skills and demonstrated experience quantifying energy savings for commercial facility and/or industrial process energy efficiency improvements
- Experience in the following areas is a plus:
o Direct to customer outreach and project development
o Design and specification of HVAC, electrical, building automation/controls
o Commissioning and/or retro-commissioning test procedures, schematic diagrams, and system specifications
o Building and energy modeling/simulation tools (e.g. DOE-2, eQuest, EnergyPlus, Trane Trace, ECAM)
o Experience working on utility incentive program impact or process evaluations
o Familiarity with electrical measurement equipment to develop and execute M&V plans
- Ability to work remotely and independently managing multiple projects while meeting deliverable deadlines and budgets
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, presentation, and analytical skills
- Comfortable managing projects and workflows with variable levels of ambiguity
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel
- Willingness to work from home/remote office
- Must be able to travel locally (nationally or internationally) up to approximately 20% of the time.
- Performance-based bonuses
- Significant opportunity for growth/internal promotion
- Group health insurance
- Flexible work hours
- Respect for work/life balance.
- Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
- Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
- Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal.
- Nexant Government Services assists developing countries with energy sector policies, infrastructure, financing, and access to affordable electricity.