About the Job
We are seeking a strategic product marketing manager in the utilities or energy efficiency space to manage and drive product marketing strategy for the Nexant suite of software products and services. The ideal candidate is data-driven and uses strong analytical skills to test, learn, iterate on marketing tactics, and apply excellent business judgement to deliver results in a rapidly evolving environment. This leader will work closely with internal and external partners to conceive and propose customer-facing communication strategies and concepts, and guide those projects to completion. This role is inherently cross-functional, working closely with other stakeholders, business line leaders, program marketing teams, catalog and design operations, finance, product, and executive teams. This role will be placed in either our Salt Lake City, UT or Madison, WI office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and lead product marketing efforts for Nexant software and services
- Assess market trends through market research and client interviews
- Work with cross-functional team to define Nexant communication strategy
- Define the way in which Nexant brands its products and presents itself in the marketplace, to clients, to talent, and employees
- Deliver compelling presentations and host key industry events, user conferences, forums, analyst, and media briefings as well as critical customer meeting/visits
- Deliver marketing projects with cross-functional team and partners
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (BBA, BA, or BS) in Marketing, Business, Communications, or related field or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in a strategic marketing leadership role
- Experience within utility, energy efficiency, or building efficiency industry desirable
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects while meeting deliverable deadlines and budgets
- Excellent analytical, writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of digital marketing landscape and the ability to stay current on changing market conditions
- Strong understanding of branding principles
- Must be able to travel domestically up to approximately 20% of the time.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 500+ employees work from 26 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through four distinct business units:
• Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, and Nexant iHedge®
• Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement
• Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal .
• Nexant Government Services works with US government partners, international development agencies, and international financial institutions to assist developing countries with their energy sector policies, institutions, infrastructure development, financing and efficient operations.
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.