Regional CDL Driver
Work For Dayton’s Most Iconic Brand!
Integrity ~ Dedication ~ Ownership ~ Collaboration ~ Respect
Mikesell’s has been a family-owned business for over 100 years.
We take pride in our continuing tradition of producing delicious potato chips cooked in premium oil and in making and distributing other quality snacks.
• Are you ready to join a dedicated team?
• Do you hold a CDL?
• Do you have one or more years of over the road trucking experience?
• Are you a go-getter who wants to continue to advance and grow your skills in a variety of areas?
• Do you want to make a difference and contribute to the rich history of Mikesell’s Potato Chips?
The Regional CDL Driver will foster a working culture embracing our core values of integrity, dedication, ownership, collaboration and respect in an effort to fulfill our mission of: "We consistently hold each other accountable to proudly serve our customers, families and friends with the highest quality snacks that they have come to know and love." The Regional CDL Driver will safely and efficiently deliver finished goods, products, and materials to customers in a timely and professional manner.
• Operates a tractor-trailer truck according to applicable state and federal transportation laws.
• Transports loads safely and in a timely manner over required route, obeying all traffic laws and observing all safety regulations.
• Deftly maneuvers truck and trailer into loading and unloading areas; follows loading crew signals.
• Assists with loading of or loads and unloads goods and materials, using specialized equipment when warranted; unloads empty skids and returns all equipment to designated area. • Maintains signed invoices, shipping bills of lading, and other required paperwork; delivers documentation to shipping office or other appropriate staff when delivery route is complete.
• Facilitates routine service on trucks, which may include checking oil, water, gasoline, and air; reports maintenance malfunctions to Shipping Supervisor.
• Arranges trailers in shipping yards for optimum loading patterns.
• Inspects truck for defects prior to and after trips and reports any discrepancies indicating truck condition to management through proper documentation.
• Maintains log-sheets required by state and federal transportation laws and company practice/policy.
• Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and pick-up operations.
• Maintain and operate equipment in a safe manner.
• Be flexible to the various hours of moving product when scheduled; delivery and pick up times may vary between 8am and 5pm. Early morning arrivals can be expected.
• Load and unload product from your trailer including navigating ramps.
• Special projects and other duties as assigned. Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, or Other Characteristics
• Must hold required commercial driver’s license appropriate for weight of vehicle to be operated. (Generally, a Class A) • Must pass background, DOT physical, and drug testing as required by federal and/or state department(s) of transportation regulations.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel, and teams.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to speak professionally and courteously with customers and staff at delivery points.
• Ability to remain focused in busy environment.
•Ability to make overnight runs as required.
• Wear proper attire including non-slip shoes.
• Maintain all certifications required by DOT and OSHA and Company safety programs. Competencies
• Team Building: Calibrating people based on their actions, decisions, and behaviors and matching them to the requirements of the job; getting competent leaders to coordinate seamlessly.
• Setting Goals: Determining the set of goals that balances what the operating unit can become with what it can realistically achieve.
• Setting Priorities: Defining the path and aligning resources, actions, and energy to accomplish the goal.
Join the Mikesell's Family Now!
• $46k – $57k per year
• Weekly Pay
• Really great benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, promotional opportunities, regular increases and more
• Be a part of the team that makes your favorite chips and snacks!!
Mikesell’s Snack Food Company recruits, hires, trains, promotes, and transfers applicants/associates based on their own abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Any type of harassment, including but not limited to, sexual, ethnic, or racial harassment by another associate, manager, or persons doing business with Mikesell's Snack Food Company will not be tolerated.
Mikesell's Snack Food Company will recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer, layoff, or terminate associates based on their own abilities, achievements and experience without regard to sex, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran, marital or citizen status or sexual orientation.