Work for Dayton’s Most Iconic Brand!
Integrity ~ Dedication ~ Ownership ~ Collaboration ~ Respect
Mikesell’s has been a family-owned business for over 100 years.
We take pride in our continuing tradition of producing delicious potato chips cooked in premium oil and in making and distributing other quality snacks.
● Are you ready to join a dedicated Accounting team?
● Do you have 2 or more years’ experience in Accounting?
● Are you a go-getter who wants to continue to advance and grow in your career?
● Do you want to make a difference and contribute to the rich history of Mikesell’s Potato Chips?
The Staff Accountant works collaboratively to prepare customer statements, bills, and invoices; reconciles expenses to the general ledger; takes care of basic client inquiries; and performs other clerical tasks related to maintaining the accounts receivable records. Calculates and posts receipts to appropriate general ledger accounts and verifies details of transactions, such as funds received and total account balances. Prepares monthly receivable statements. Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions. Prepares and posts invoices and credit and debit memos. Processes weekly payroll.
• High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates or Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
• Two or more years of related experience.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel, and teams. Previous experience working with accounting software.
• JD Edwards or other ERP software experience desired.
• Proven experience using payroll software. Tri-Net a plus.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prepares customer/distributor statements, submits customer web-portal claims to resolve differences, bills and invoices; reconciles expenses to the general ledger; takes care of basic client inquiries; and performs other clerical tasks related to maintaining the accounts receivable records, including cash applications, credit & collections.
• Calculates and posts receipts to appropriate general ledger accounts and verifies details of transactions, such as funds received and total account balances.
• Maintains and updates customer files.
• Researches customer discrepancies and past-due amounts. • Collaborates with team to reconcile accounts receivable.
• Prepares monthly receivable statements.
• Assists with month end close
• Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
• Prepares and posts invoices and credit and debit correspondence.
• Trains as a backup to process weekly payroll.
• Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Join the Mikesell's Family Now!
• $17-$22/hr. depending upon experience, weekly pay
• Monday-Friday 8am-5pm • Really great benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, promotional opportunities, regular increases and more
• Be a part of the team that makes your favorite chips and snacks!!
Mikesell’s Snack Food Company recruits, hires, trains, promotes, and transfers applicants/associates based on their own abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Any type of harassment, including but not limited to, sexual, ethnic, or racial harassment by another associate, manager, or persons doing business with Mikesell's Snack Food Company will not be tolerated.
Mikesell's Snack Food Company will recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer, layoff, or terminate associates based on their own abilities, achievements and experience without regard to sex, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran, marital or citizen status or sexual orientation