Work for Dayton’s Most Iconic Brand!
Integrity ~ Dedication ~ Ownership ~ Collaboration ~ Respect
Mikesell’s has been a family-owned business for over 100 years.
We take pride in our continuing tradition of producing delicious potato chips cooked in premium oil and in making and distributing other quality snacks.
● Do you have E & I experience?
● Do you have WFAS experience?
● Are you a go-getter who wants to continue to advance and grow your skills in a variety of areas?
● Do you want to make a difference and contribute to the rich history of Mikesell’s Potato Chips?
The Maintenance Mechanic will foster a working culture embracing our core values of integrity, dedication, ownership, collaboration and respect in an effort to fulfill our mission of: "We consistently hold each other accountable to proudly serve our customers, families and friends with the highest quality snacks that they have come to know and love." The Maintenance Mechanic according to policies, procedures and collective bargaining agreement, repairs and maintains, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment, such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment, using hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring and testing instruments. Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
• Conducts machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventative maintenance service.
• Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
• Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs.
• Reads and interprets equipment manuals, blue prints, schematics, and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Complies with Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
• Records and reports damaged, worn, or broken parts.
• Coordinates with managers to schedule regular maintenance on machines.
• Makes necessary modifications and implements test runs; confers with management regarding test results and makes additional alterations to machinery as required.
• Follow Good Manufacturing Practice requirements such as hair nets, no fingernail polish, eating restricted to lunchroom, etc.
• Special projects and other duties as assigned. Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, or Other Characteristics • Some vocational or community college with related coursework or equivalent experience, required.
• 2 plus years of experience in mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines along with welding experience.
• Certifications in Electrical and or other related certifications a plus.
• Ability to read letters and numbers on all displays, heat charts, chemical labels, displays and equipment. • Ability to follow established procedures in an emergency situation.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and stressful environment.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel, and teams desired. Competencies
• Mechanically Inclined • Problem Solving • Attention to Detail
• Excellent Communication Skills
The Maintenance Mechanic will be based at our Dayton, OH location. This job operates in a professional office environment as well as a production manufacturing facility. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and printers/scanners. The plant can environment can include: excessive noise continuous from machinery and moving parts, slippery and uneven walking surfaces, and/or exposure odors. The plant and warehouse are not air conditioned, cold, heat, and humid conditions can be expected to mirror outdoor temperatures. Personal protective equipment such as gloves, goggles, face shield, rubber apron, ear plugs non-slip shoes/boots are to be worn when performing the job. Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the teammate is regularly required to talk or hear. The teammate frequently is required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. Ability to lift 50 pounds. Ability to distinguish audible alarms. Ability to travel the length of the plant. Ability to work in elevated areas including elevated catwalk, stairs, and stepladders.
Join the Mikesell's Family Now!
- $21.00-26.00 per hour
- Typical Shift- 6:00 am-4:30 pm Monday-Thursday
- Really great benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, promotional opportunities, regular increases and more
- Be a part of the team that makes your favorite chips and snacks!!
Mikesell’s Snack Food Company recruits, hires, trains, promotes, and transfers applicants/associates based on their own abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Any type of harassment, including but not limited to, sexual, ethnic, or racial harassment by another associate, manager, or persons doing business with Mikesell's Snack Food Company will not be tolerated.
Mikesell's Snack Food Company will recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer, layoff, or terminate associates based on their own abilities, achievements and experience without regard to sex, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran, marital or citizen status or sexual orientation.